• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picked up 700 aac-sd

hangingchads

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2006
Las Vegas (Henderson) Nevada
Saw one in my local gun store for 599 and could not pass it up. Was thinking about adding one to go with my 700p and for the price could not hold out. I just need to figure out what suppressor to form 4 now, was thinking a cyclone k.

Once I offload one of my ar15 uppers I'm going to sell the stock and bottom metal and drop this in a mcree chassis. The stock is nicer than I thought but I never keep anything stock except handguns really.

Also looking at getting a stiener for my 700p and dropping my super sniper on this aac-sd.

I had one, and it worked out well for me. Put it in a McMillan A5, Bushnell G2DMR on top. My brother had never shot a rifle before, and the AAC-SD in his hands held nice tight groups at 100 yards with M118LR.

Had I not acquired a Mega MATEN in .308, I would have kept the AAC-SD as is, but it's now a 6.5 Creedmoor.

Congrats! I really enjoy mine, I bought it last month and put 300 rounds through it so far. I'd recommend free floating the stock for now, mine would flex and touch the barrel when using a rest or bipod. To free float mine for temporary use I followed a video on 8541 Tactical to use shims under the action right before the recoil lug. After free floating my best group so far has been 5 shots at .61 moa at 100 yards with lapua brass, 39.6 grains of Varget and 175g smk's, but I have yet to try 168g and I'm still experimenting with different loads. YMMV of course but good luck!

I looked into a credmore but the barrel life scared me away from it for now. Maybe someday. I plane to dump the barrel eventually for a 18" straight barrel.

Yeah will have to play around with loads I have 168 and 175 HPBT and lapua brass which my 700p likes both.

Couldn't get mine to group worth a damn. Had Texas Brigade Armory set the barrel back .375" and re chamber for 155 palmas at mag length. Shoots like an all out custom now.