• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Picked up TNVC WASP and want to explore the idea of adding a dovetail shoe to work w/ Wilcox Flip Mount

CTM1

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2011
Not sure if the WASP is to heavy for the Wilcox Flip Mount as it was designed for the SKEET/UTM. The UTM weighs approx 18 oz and the WASP is about 28oz.

The WASP has a LaRue DOS Mini QD mount.

Like my other post about wanting to add a dovetail to a PVS14 I am just looking for the ability to flip NV in and out quickly.

I know some people have said that the Wilcox flip has to much play when using it with thermals but I personally have not found it to be an issue. Given most of my shots are under one hundred yards, with most being 30-80 yards it is not an issue.

Anyone have any thoughts on if this is achievable and what might be the best dovetail to accomplish it. I inquired with Vic at TNVC but he did not have any thoughts on it.

Thanks

Attachments

• WASP 1 L3 Tube.jpg
    WASP 1 L3 Tube.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
If I remember correctly there were supply issues which kept causing delays. After that I do not know, perhaps they missed the window as thermal came on making NV Clip-On's not as attractive

The ones that made it in the wild seemed to have good reviews, sounds like you have a unicorn. Sorry I derailed your thread....