• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Picking a scope for Dad....

Travis S

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2004
marietta/macon, ga
Having a rifle built for my Dad by RW Snyder. Specs: LA/RH Rem 700 trued, squared. Brux 26"#7 eq contour. Caliber 6.5X55 Swede. Stock- HS Fully adjustable cheek and lop (forgot model #). This will be a seriously sweet rifle and I'm trying to decide which scope to get him. The 2 that I'm looking at are the Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 and the Menace 5.5-25X56. That is the price range I'm limited too. Max range used will be 800-1K with most done at 600-800. Any persuasive arguments are appreciated!

Re: Picking a scope for Dad....

I've never had the falcon 5-25 but I did have a 4.5-18. It was okay, nothing to really complain about other than the turrets were really mushy but I've heard they fixed that problem. I do have a Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 and it's an awesome scope! I can't find anything that I don't like about it! I'd do with it hands down over the Falcon!

In that price range the Sightron is where it's at.

Never used a Vortex, but I won't own another Falcon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In that price range the Sightron is where it's at.

Never used a Vortex, but I won't own another Falcon. </div></div>

+1 Sightron