• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PICS!!!6.5 Creedmoor on Badger M2008 S.A.C. PICS!!

hunter223

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Odessa Tx
Here's the pics:

mmv15i.jpg

w2ndjr.jpg

anybody think the color pattern looks familiar?
3590ky1.jpg

This is pretty close to the actual color. Mark's machining is top notch. Hope to have a suppressor mounted up soon
grin.gif

2r5u5pj.jpg

Badger knob anyone?(I fixed the rings after I looked at this pic lol)
zwdxue.jpg

decent shot of the details Mark puts into his work loving the colors pics. the fit and finish on this rifle is top notch.
168a9uo.jpg

not sure which bolt knob to go with
jicsk6.jpg

Here's the build:

Badger M2008
Badger M-5 DBM
Bartien 24" Thd bbl(which supressor is TBD)
Jewel trigger
Manners T4A
Vortex Razor 5-20x50
Vortex Razor 35mm rings
Cerakote finish

Mark over at Short Action Customs AKA US Handgunner here on the hide did the work. His CS is fan-freaking-tastic, his prices are excellent and his turnaround is blazing. Also, any suggestions on a suppressor for this thing would be appreciated! Hope to have a range report this Saturday.

Here's Marks Info:
Mark Gordon
440-309-0085
Mark's site

Re: New 6.5 Creedmoor on a Badger M2008 buil by S.A.C.

Hunter,

Nice build and we need pictures, as soon as it arrives of course....

Looking forward to some pics.
smile.gif

Congrats on finally getting it done.

me thinks its the one that US Handgunner posted in the gunsmithing section. Congrats on the new stick Hunter

AAC Cyclone. Quietest for .308, no reason it shouldn't be great on a 6.5.

hunter Go with Shark suppressors for the can his customer service is top notch an he is here in Texas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">me thinks its the one that US Handgunner posted in the gunsmithing section. Congrats on the new stick Hunter </div></div>

Yessir that'd be the one

Lol, thanks Mark. Guys Mark is really great to deal with, a great smith and has even better customer service. Need just about any work done call him up he'll hook you up FAST! Mark "Flash" Gordon is his new name. Seriously give him a call he could use our help to get started anyhow.

very nice indeed! I need to get me a Badger action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok...........

<span style="color: #FF0000"> WHERE ARE THE PICS IN THE STOCK........ </span>
crazy.gif

Want to see this in all its glory.....

</div></div>

Forthcoming

I like how you have the black accents not just solid brown. Me likey very much.

pics of complete rifle tonight!

Re: New 6.5 Creedmoor on a Badger M2008 buil by S.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC04969.jpg

</div></div>

Did you catch the baby that shit on your stuff???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pics of complete rifle tonight!</div></div>
Looking forward to these. Been liking what's been shown so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pics of complete rifle tonight!</div></div>

Tic toc, tic toc; can't wait for the pics....I go to bed soon...

Damn, Mark Gordon is scrumptious!!

He can build my rifle ANYTIME!

In the words of Borat, "Very Nice."

+1 for 6.5 too, regardless of which case is pushing it. (Creedmoor is great)

Nice rig congrats and welcome to the Creedmoor family!!
smile.gif

Very Nice!!

what is your immediate feelings on the Badger action vs. the Templar you had on the your old Creedmoor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig congrats and welcome to the Creedmoor family!!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Thanks!

LOL, this is my second creedmoor I love this round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very Nice!!

what is your immediate feelings on the Badger action vs. the Templar you had on the your old Creedmoor? </div></div>

Well, I really like the shorter bolt throw alot. I like that I can swap bolt knobs on a whim. I need to work the bolt a bit to work the cerakote its a pretty tight fit right now but there is less "chatter" than the Templar. I think this baby is gonna be a hammer. loading up some Amax's and Scenars 140's and 139's and hopefully bust a mulie this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, Mark Gordon is scrumptious!!

He can build my rifle ANYTIME! </div></div>

I hope your not a big scary man..........
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, Mark Gordon is scrumptious!!

frown.gif
</div></div>

as BROmantic as that is PSYOPS, perhaps it should be saved for late night phone calls. gotta admit Mark does have a sweet voice, YASSSSSS!
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: divejay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">men!! nice stick </div></div>

Oh Gosh, I hope were back to talking about the rifle now!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: divejay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">men!! nice stick </div></div>

Oh Gosh, I hope were back to talking about the rifle now!!!! </div></div>

LOL, I don't think he is!

Went and shot the rifle today, easy 1/2moa shooter. will be poking a mulie (deer lol) with it in the morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shark titanium for the can. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, Mark Gordon is scrumptious!!

frown.gif
</div></div>

as BROmantic as that is PSYOPS, perhaps it should be saved for late night phone calls. gotta admit Mark does have a sweet voice, YASSSSSS!
whistle.gif
</div></div>

THANK YOU...I thought it was just me. Perhaps maybe a BRO-crush.

And you know he probably has a smokin' hot wife, right??

Once again...NICE RIFLE!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, Mark Gordon is scrumptious!!

frown.gif
</div></div>

whistle.gif
</div></div>

THANK YOU...I thought it was just me. Perhaps maybe a BRO-crush.

And you know he probably has a smokin' hot wife, right??

Once again...NICE RIFLE!! </div></div>

Well, they're not married YET but yessir she's very attractive.

frown.gif
got skunked on the Mulies today, saw several just none I wanted to shoot bad enough to clean. had a good time though. Now I gotta study for my state FF certification! I've gotta job as long as I pass that sucker!

Good luck Hunter, on the mulies and more importantly on your certification!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck Hunter, on the mulies and more importantly on your certification!! </div></div>

thanks buddy

Range update:

best group of the day with most being very similar: .180moa 3rnd group 4th and 5th shot opened it up to .38moa. All shot at 200yds. I'd say it's a hammer. Thanks again Mark(US Handgunner owner of Short Action Customs) for building the most precise rifle I've owned.

I like your new rifle Hunter. The BO action is rather robust.

I still haven't had a chance to re-stock the barreled action yet. Maybe New Year's week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhead7416</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like your new rifle Hunter. The BO action is rather robust.

I still haven't had a chance to re-stock the barreled action yet. Maybe New Year's week. </div></div>

Get to it! That thing is a hammer too.