• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics of first AR!!!

rebelmatt79

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2009
Arkansas, USA
DSC02445.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02441.jpg

Can't wait to get started with the new platform. I'll be asking you guys for lots of suggestions and input in the near future.

Sorry about the beach towel!!!

Re: Pics of first AR!!!

is your KX3 pinned and welded? or did you do SBR paperwork?
I had an upper like that a while back...

It is threaded and the rifle was done form 4 SBR paperwork.
Ordered from Noveske in November 2008.
Arrived at dealer April 2009, paperwork sent in, went pending July, approved last Friday.

looks good but holy distracting background

Before I get started building onto the rifle let me tell you what I have now. 100 rounds of FGMM 168's and 1000 rounds of AB 175's. Eleven 20 round mags. John at Noveske told me to shoot 50 to 60 rounds of quality ammo then strip the gun completely and clean. I know it's a SBR but I would like to have a good bipod to use when shooting off a bench (suggestions). Also a forehand grip is on my mind (suggestions).

Doc, it will happen just not soon. The wife has a short list that has to be taken care of before I drop that kind of $$$ on my new toy. I really want to get comfortable with the open sights. After looking on this site for a few months USO will get my $$$ when the time comes.

I wonder how many of you guys realize this is an AR-10 SBR? That's pretty brutal. I want some night shots.

Thanks Kevin

I plan on going with a USO when the time comes. Getting the gun itself was a battle on its own. I'm fine with learning to shoot with open sights for a while. I have Leupys on my hunting rifles and have nothing but high regard for them. However, I bought a Ferrari engine and want to run it with an optic thats equally BAD ASS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many of you guys realize this is an AR-10 SBR? That's pretty brutal. I want some night shots. </div></div>

Yeah.... I didn't notice till I read what ammo he was gonna start with! I wish I could SBR here in kali.