• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics of my new GAP rifle

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
Just picked it up this afternoon - been playing with it ever since!!

jeffsguns002.jpg

jeffsguns005.jpg

Re: Pics of my new GAP rifle

Nice stick Buckey, you're going to enjoy it bro!!!

I have a smaller bipod somwhere, but I was too excited to dig it up!!

The pics aren't the best - I told the little lady her camera sucked!! (It was 99.9% operator error!!)

Oh no, thats not good, you better send it up here for me to check it out and make sure its safe, it just does not look right
wink.gif

The rifle is heavier than I thought, but it balances perfectly and holds very steady!!

The more I fondle it, the more I love it!! (I'm talking about the rifle - LOL!!)

Swank! I really like the look of the whole rifle and optics. Let us know how she shoots.....

We have to make an SOP that if you are going to show your rifle you must also post specs.............

That being said, that is one nice looking rifle.........Specs?

Shadwow4,

Here's my recipe:

GAP Templar Action = .308 caliber, right handed, spiral fluted bolt, tactical bolt knob, Badger oversized recoil lug

Bartlein 5R stainless barrel = 1-11.25" twist, #7 MTU contour, 22" finished length, recessed target crown

McMillan A3 stock = sniper fill wt., 13.75" fixed LOP w/ Decelerator pad, No cheekpiece, molded in "dark camo", texture on forend and pistol grip, 3 studs(2 front, 1 rear), pillar/skim bedded w/ 7075 pillars

Badger M5 DMS system w/ 5 round magzine

Remington 40X trigger tuned to 2.5#

Badger 20 MOA base

Badger 30 MM rings

CeraKote all rifle components in matte Mil Spec OD

Wow nice looking rifle!!!perfect set up ,congrats. How you liking the dark camo color?i orderd an a1-3 from JW in that color a few months ago.

I'm diggin the dark camo myself too - it matches well with the Mil Spec OD cerkote and my S&B scope.

Thanks PGS!! Hey could you send me some info on them big mulies you hunt out there in Montana?? Looking to set-up a hunt for next year.

Gimme a shout
Jeff

Thanks Buckey, make sure you post a range report when you get a chance to get out and shoot it.