• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics of where you shoot

callen3615

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Peidmont, NC
Where do you guys shoot? Ranges or your own propriety? I live in NC so 100 yards of open land is tough to find. I have to drive 1 hour to my relatives farm to find 500 yards. I really want to get to 1000 this year but I dont even know where to look.

So lets see some pics of where you shoot.

Re: Pics of where you shoot

Most would probably think your lucky to have 500 within an hour. Private land with a clear thousand yard shot is few and far in between on the east coast $$$. I have a thousand yard range 10 mins away. With that said enjoy your 500 yard access, thats more than 75% of people on this site have access too. Everyone would lead you to think they shoot 1000 yards but that is far from the majority.

edit- Also maybe if you'd update your profile to show a location people could be more helpful. North Carolina has some length to it...

DSCN1161-1.jpg

Should have mentioned, this is 1000 yards, last steel target on the hill.

I know people with 1200yds but I doubt they would let me shoot there. Im gonna ask next time I go to where I shoot.

shootFeb23_00015.jpg

BLM land near Barstow - 1.5 hours east of my AO

At the 600yd line on our 1000yd range. If you head out to the open space you could get at least 2000yd and still be safe about it...

600_line.JPG

799364138_7rrzm-L.jpg

Google Earth says those mountains are 6.2 miles away....hmmmm

I am out May 1st and this is where the cabin will be.

That little silver building in the middle is an abandoned shed - not neighbors

The only rifle range accessible by members from general public in Thailand that we can shoot to 1000 yards.

In photo you can see targets at 100m, 200m, 400m, 600m and 800m. The 1000y targets are off on the left. Not visibible on this photo.

nzwmo31khigfmrjotjmt.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
shootFeb23_00015.jpg

BLM land near Barstow - 1.5 hours east of my AO </div></div>

Dogtown,

Where exactly is this spot, I had tried to use BLM land near Barstow (off hodge road I think) in the past and was unable to shoot due to all the dirt bike riders.

9091600yard.jpg

Desert North of Moapa Indian Reservation on BLM land 60 minutes north of my house. That day we shot my 7WSMa dn my brother's 284 winchester out to 1,600 yards. The steel plate target is sitting one gravel road that is visible to the left of my brother's head.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P1010236.jpg

</div></div>

CKA where near McKinney is this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jinta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only rifle range accessible by members from general public in Thailand that we can shoot to 1000 yards.

In photo you can see targets at 100m, 200m, 400m, 600m and 800m. The 1000y targets are off on the left. Not visibible on this photo.

nzwmo31khigfmrjotjmt.jpg
</div></div>

Nice range. What kind of gun laws do they have over Thailand? Are you allowed to have handguns and rifles? How about concealed carry (probably not)?

I'm having major range envy. The farthest I can shoot is 600 with a membership I font have. So I'm stuck to 100 until I get one. All my friends with land are in illinois and I hate dealing with thier idotic gun laws

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jinta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only rifle range accessible by members from general public in Thailand that we can shoot to 1000 yards.

nzwmo31khigfmrjotjmt.jpg
</div></div>

Nice range. What kind of gun laws do they have over Thailand? Are you allowed to have handguns and rifles? How about concealed carry (probably not)? </div></div>

I was over there most of Feb for Cobra Gold - talking with the Thai Marines and showing them pics of my personal rifles they were amazed at what I could own back in the states. I don't think any of them were shooters outside the Thai Military and if I understood them correctly you weren't allowed to own rifles in "military" calibers. One of the Thai Marines was heading up to Bangkok to purchase a pistol, so that can be done, but also sounded like he needed to jump through hoops to get it. Needless to say I'm glad where I live in the states!

I thought that were the case, but wan't completely sure.

I have a few spots around from 400 to 2k. Here is one area.

This is 825 - 1100 depending on where you are on the bald spot to the left.

9_12_09011.jpg

The next draw over is 620 / 1,400 / 2k (white speck is 1,400, back wall is 2k, from white speck to back wall is 620)

12_17_09100.jpg

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Olin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Southern Oregon Coast: 1900 Yards.

Hits on Target
1900Yards.jpg
</div></div>

Olin - what are you shooting?

Nice spot.

Good luck

EDM Windrunner 408 Cheytac
Jamison 419gr Solid
129gr RL-25
Fed 215
JamisonBrass (trimmed to 3.30")
COAL 4.426"

That spot is about 15 minutes from work and about 20 minutes from home. Past the target is the Pacific ocean.

opronepractice4-26-09004.jpg

opronepractice4-26-09008.jpg

50cal005.jpg

tomballmatch002.jpg

I am lucky to have 4 places to shoot out to 1600 on private property. Our little building has AC and heat. Fiberglass fuel tank to help absorb noise. Berm at shooting shack only goes to 200.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P1010236.jpg

</div></div>

CKA where near McKinney is this? </div></div>

one of two private ranges I have secured. About to secure a third for myself and customers. That one is near Kaufman, TX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My uncle's farm, ~500 acres. Some hills but can get out to 1,200 yards.
</div></div>

I'm jealous. When are you going to have the western NC folks over for a shoot ?

It's a work in progress, I can only 600 from my reloading room but I want to stretch it out to a 1000, I just need to get on the dozer and clear some more brush and trees out.Here's a brief video.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vakmvgZb9aE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vakmvgZb9aE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Hello,
I just saw the picture of you shooting in Dogtown near Barstow. I live in Apple Valley and have been trying to find that place for a while: do you know how I can access it from the I-15 or some back roads?
Thanks,
Scott

range.jpg

1000 yard range with steel targets every 100 yards
this view is from near 800 yard targets

heres mifflin lookin from 1k back ..

1000ydveiw_small.jpg

hey arclight we may be goin up to mifflin next week, 3hrs for us from MD, always lookin to catch up w fellow shooters. ill pm ya when we pick a day

lear

hey guys im a new guy on here and just now getting into long range shooting. do you guys know if there is anywhere in alabama like these ranges. sorry cpt. obvious didnt mean to mess up your thread.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ssfSKLmAoOc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ssfSKLmAoOc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Here's a quick video of my area. I can get out to 1200 yards there. I took this video yesterday, and shot from the 700 yard line, and the 1000 yard line.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are just a couple....we have LOTS of places!!

11.jpg

3.jpg

1263050783.jpg

Pic of down range. 100, 490, 980, 1580 yards. you can see 3000+ in the distance.
Range.jpg
</div></div>

Looks like I'm coming to SLC to do some shooting...

I go to Altcar Military Training Ranges, Northwest UK. Military kindly open it up on a sunday for civilian clubs to use, its about 1 hours drive away from where i live.

B Range, 100, 200 & 300 Yards

P3070160.jpg

C Range, 100 to 600 Yards

P3070166.jpg

D Range, 1000 Yards

P7220001.jpg

Me yesterday at 600 Yards

P3070169.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Looks like I'm coming to SLC to do some shooting...</div></div>

Come on over. Bring your camera crew and lets hit the range!!

This is at my cousin's house back in Pickerington, OH. I haven't found any place in CO yet to shoot like this, other than CRC.
764347.jpg

It's 815 yds. to the tree line.

One of the spots I shoot at. I have targets at 100, 400, 800, 1000. Place anywere inbetween as I like.

IMG_1227.jpg

From my old shooting position

IMG_1231-1.jpg

From 1000 yards looking back at shooting position.

Tucson Rifle Range: Reactive steel out to 500yrds, Im really gonna miss AZ.
DSC06248.jpg