• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Pics of your SAS cans!

mberry223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
After raiding all the cushions, and emptying all the cars of change for a few months I finally placed my order for a SAS Ti 30 cal can. Getting three brakes for my favorite rifles, a DPMS 308, POF 415 (.223) and a 300 Win Mag. It's my first big purchase in a looong time and I'm already loking at the calender thinking about how far away June/ July is...

So, help me out and post some photos to hold me over! Also any new range reports, specifically on the Ti version would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Pics of your SAS cans!

You asked

Gap 7WSM, Broughton, SAS Ti over the barrel can,
Very little POI, about 1/4 moa at 100 or less,
13.5 oz, 13 x 1.5, little over 35 db reduction.
My favorite can. Having another built just like it in 30 cal.
7WSMSAS1.jpg

7WSMSAS.jpg

Sig P220 Combat TB, SAS 45 can
100_3223.jpg

100_3224.jpg

Slug said:
You asked

Gap 7WSM, Broughton, SAS Ti over the barrel can,
Very little POI, about 1/4 moa at 100 or less,
13.5 oz, 13 x 1.5, little over 35 db reduction.
My favorite can. Having another built just like it in 30 cal.
7WSMSAS1.jpg

7WSMSAS.jpg

How much does a can like that cost? Also, can you take it apart to clean it?

Thanks,

RMW59

From left to right: Stainless .30, stainless 5.56, titanium 9mm (with booster), titanium 22lr
IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

5.56 & 9mm installed on my SBRs
SBRs.jpg

9mm & 22lr installed on my pistols
Glocks.jpg

.30 cal on my bolt gun
CIMG4708.jpg

I don't own a titanium .30 cal SAS but I've fired one side by side with my stainless and they sounded virtually identical. I wish I had the money to buy another, I'd like to have a titanium .30 in the stable.

RMW, Figure that one with the brake and the barrel (had Tim North at Broughton to cut, profile, and stress relieve the barrel)in Ti to be a little more expensive than the normal Ti models. I don't take it aprt to clean it. Just soak it overnight in simple green and blow it out the next day. It's a very good design, works well, adds only 5.25 inches to the length of the barrel after the brake, and locks up in multiple places. So, IF your rifle happens to take a nice spill with can installed, it's not going to bend the end of your barrel, as with what could happen with a regular screw on can. Wish I could go back and have all my cans done that way.

Thanks fellas! I'll be looking here often over the next few months...

Slug, the Ti can on your 7 WSM is not the standard offering is it? Looks like you have quite the collection! Where is Pine Hall? If you're anywhere near the VA border we may have to get together for some shooting! I'll supply the ammo, you bring the suppressors?

No, not the standard offering. Idea I came up with and he put into reality with the can. I'm very close to the VA border and we havea farm here where we can get out to 585. Will al ittle more clearing, we should have some targets out to 1300-1400 a little later.
Dan

softballvacguns039.jpg

softballvacguns038.jpg

softballvacguns034.jpg

These are coated green and black respectively. They are the bushing type that can be interchanged.
I am very satisfyed to say the least.

I'd love too... If the ATf would get off their ass and let me pick it up...

Month 6, still not even pending.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love too... If the ATf would get off their ass and let me pick it up...

Month 6, still not even pending..... </div></div>

Holy shit, what is the hold up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love too... If the ATf would get off their ass and let me pick it up...

Month 6, still not even pending..... </div></div>

Holy shit, what is the hold up? </div></div>

I'd love to know... They cashed my check on Dec. 31st, I got all excited thinking it was on the down hill slide.

Nope. I called 3 weeks ago and was told "don't see it in the system yet, try back in 2 weeks"

Called yesterday and was told "don't see it in the system yet, try back in a couple weeks"....

smirk.gif

OK,
I'll bite.
P2080023.jpg

.338 Norma Mag, SAS "Phoenix" QD can, sorry JRose.
DCLW Quick Connect DLOC flat top tripod with Pod Claws (shameless plug) sorry SAS

P8260125.jpg

Various SAS .223 cans
20080526_2.jpg

.308 AE
P8260124.jpg

TRG-42 .338 Lapua.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cheese, are you adopting? </div></div>

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif