• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picture of Custom AR-15 - New to Snipers Hide

WiNdTeCh

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
pa020189.jpg

Burris 8-32x50 Mil-Dot
DPMS 20" Stainless Heavy Barrel 1-9" Twist
DPMS Forged Aluminum Extended Hi-Rise Upper Receiver
DoubleStar Forged Aluminum Lower Reciever
Les Baer Hardchrome N/M Bolt Carrier
J.P. Adjustable Trigger
J.P. Free Float Forend
J.P. Adjustable Gas Block
J.P. Rear Tensioning Take Down Pin
Badger Ordanance Tactical Charging Latch

Shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yrds with hand loads....

Re: Picture of Custom AR-15 - New to Snipers Hide

Very nice. I'll bet you can spot your own shotholes on targets from here to the moon.

p9250129.jpg

Green Laminate Cooper .223 1-14" Twist
Burris Black Diamond 8-32x50
Harris Swivel Bi-Pod
LimbSaver De-Resinator
LimbSaver Recoil Pad

Shoots 1/4 MOA at 100yrds with Hand Loads.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. I'll bet you can spot your own shotholes on targets from here to the moon. </div></div>

Yeah its nice but I'd like to have 42x, even tho with 32x you can see your heart beating....

Recent Prairie Dog Hunt - My AR-15 hasn't been out yet... Soon tho....

p9250119.jpg

p9250134.jpg

p9250139.jpg

p9250141.jpg

p9260148.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WiNdTeCh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Harris Swivel Bi-Pod
LimbSaver De-Resinator
LimbSaver Recoil Pad

Shoots 1/4 MOA </div></div>

All day, every day?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All day, every day?</div></div>
Guys please dont start this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WiNdTeCh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Harris Swivel Bi-Pod
LimbSaver De-Resinator
LimbSaver Recoil Pad

All day, every day?</div></div>

... if I do my part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WiNdTeCh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Harris Swivel Bi-Pod
LimbSaver De-Resinator
LimbSaver Recoil Pad

All day, every day? </div></div>

I dont follow.... if your refering to 1/4 MOA, then yes all day, unless I'm hopped up on Red Bull then we'll go 1/2 MOA.

p9190099.jpg

Above: My Cooper in the case with my Marlin .17 HMR
p9190107.jpg

Above: Cooper from close up
p9190105.jpg

Above: Neat Cooper Pic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WiNdTeCh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WiNdTeCh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Harris Swivel Bi-Pod
LimbSaver De-Resinator
LimbSaver Recoil Pad

I dont follow....</div></div>

To explain, everyone and his dog wonders in and shows pics of rifles that supposedly are "1/4MOA" or "1/2MOA", usually followed with "all day long, if I do my part."

Generally around here if you can't post a pic of 5 or more 5-shot groups all on the same page shot at 300yds+ validating your claim then it's probably best to just say "it's a nice rifle"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WiNdTeCh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WiNdTeCh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Harris Swivel Bi-Pod
LimbSaver De-Resinator
LimbSaver Recoil Pad

I dont follow....</div></div>

To explain, everyone and his dog wonders in and shows pics of rifles that supposedly are "1/4MOA" or "1/2MOA", usually followed with "all day long, if I do my part."

Generally around here if you can't post a pic of 5 or more 5-shot groups all on the same page shot at 300yds+ validating your claim then it's probably best to just say "it's a nice rifle"

</div></div>

OK well I'm sorry I've never shot more than 100 Yrds at a target, I suppose I can get you the pictures you ask for at 100yrds only, give me some time as i have no shot targets around here. Just because it's a cooper I can claim 1/2MOA with no validating, 1/2MOA is easy for most quality .223 rifles.

Custom gun or hand built gun? LOL just ironic that doublestar and custom are in the same sentence.

How is the burris scope, clarity wise? I've used their 3 gun scope and it was pretty clear, but never looked through their long range glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Custom gun or hand built gun? LOL just ironic that doublestar and custom are in the same sentence.

How is the burris scope, clarity wise? I've used their 3 gun scope and it was pretty clear, but never looked through their long range glass. </div></div>

Hand built, i just have a double star lower, to me all lowers are the same... probably made by the same company with a different stamp.

As for the Burris I have a Nikon 14x scope on my 17HMR and the Nikon seems to just beat the Burris when set to 14x as far as clarity, as for 32x It's as clear as I'd want it to be, I can't complain....for the price you can't beat Burris. If you were get a scope under 14x I'd buy a Nikon... I love my Nikon!

windtech, most lowers are forged(except billet and a few cast ones) you are exactly right, your rifle looks real good.

Thanks for the info on Nikon and Burris.

I'm looking at getting a J.P. Lower they are very nice, and they are their own lower.