• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

picture of the latch on a badger m5 dbm???

oldolds442

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
macon, ga
does anybody have a picture of a latch that isn't installed? the mag isn't sitting high enough in the action to pick off the last 2 rounds. it slides over them. i think the latch may have been shortened. i got it second hand, so not sure. i have a new latch coming from badger, but it hasn't come yet and am curios. thanks

Re: picture of the latch on a badger m5 dbm???

Not sure which part you are talking about being shortened but here's some pics I had onhand. Not sure they will help or not.
P1010123.jpg

P1010119-2.jpg

P1010124.jpg

If the mag is seated all the way, you might try slowly and carefully bending the mag lips up to allow the cartridge to sit a little higher in the mag before you spend money.

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldolds442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anybody have a picture of a latch that isn't installed? the mag isn't sitting high enough in the action to pick off the last 2 rounds. it slides over them. i think the latch may have been shortened. i got it second hand, so not sure. i have a new latch coming from badger, but it hasn't come yet and am curios. thanks </div></div>

Is the DBM flush with the bottom of the stock? A common problem is when assembled the DBM is set too low causing the magazine to ride low causing the bolt to skip over rounds. If this is the case, as stated above, tweak the feed lips but ever so slightly. That'll let the rounds pop up a little higher and be picked up by the bolt.

i was hoping for a picture of just the latch that is not installed in the housing. it doesn't seem like it is sitting high enough in the action, the mag has about 1/4 of an inch up and down play after it goes past the latch. not sure if that makes sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldolds442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mag has about 1/4 of an inch up and down play after it goes past the latch.</div></div>

If the latch is in the original condition / length the DBM is too low or the receiver too high.

i was told it was inletted by GAP and is in a mcmillan A4. the housing sits a little below flush with the stock.

that is why i wanted to see a picture of a stock latch to see what it is supposed to look like.

the empty mag (an original 5 rnd AI) seems like it flops around a lot, does the latch push against the back of the mag?

The magazine snaps in and the latch detent on the magazine snaps above the DBM release lever. A small amount of movement is normal, a 1/4" of in and out magazine travel is not. Either the DBM needs to be re-fitted or the magazine feed lips opened slightly.

i guess i will wait until the new lever arrives, and if it is the same as the old one, then start looking elsewhere. thanks for the input everyone.

I had the same problem before.......and it was the AI magazine. Do you have another magazine to try in your stick?
Hope that helps you.....

i just ordered a 10 rnd AI mag from triad. should be here monday. hope thats it...thanks mr dumbass

i'll take one tomorrow. kinda tired...time to hit the sack..