• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing pictures of AICS without an action in it

fast freddy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2007
P.C. Florida
trying to get some pictures of an AICS without the action in it, kinda scared to take mine apart. wondering exactly how the bedding block is made.

thanks
mike

Re: pictures of AICS without an action in it

just take the skins off, it wont hurt anything

scared to take yours apart? why? it's not rocket surgery.

its metal on metal, you just unscrew the action bolts and it will come apart in two minutes.... easy... drop in, tighten to 62-65 ftlbs and you're back in action.

my action is bedded in the stock, dont know how well it would fair if i took it apart.

oh for the love of god....this is painful.....

skins2.jpg

skinscenter1.jpg

skinscenter2.jpg

cheers,

JJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast freddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my action is bedded in the stock, dont know how well it would fair if i took it apart. </div></div>

Well if the bedding was done correctly it won't hurt it at all. You might as well take the barreled action out sooner or later you're going to have to anyway to clean it or repair something so you might as well get it over with.

Man up and take it out
wink.gif

where the hell are these people coming from?