• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pictures of my latest build. Noveske Lightweight Stainless.

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
This is my latest build, and possibly the handiest feeling AR I have ever owned. Absolutely love the handiness, balance, and look of this build. I already had the lower, but gathered all the upper parts between Jan/March of this year, during the Great Panic. I managed to buy everything at normal pricing thanks to some good vendors who gave me the same pricing they always had.

Build consists of-

Complete KAC SR15 full ambi lower w/ KAC 2 stage trigger.
14.5" Noveske Lightweight Stainless barrel.
Pinned AAC 51t Blackout.
Vltor MUR 1s
Noveske NSR 13" (Factory FDE Gunkote)
Noveske (LMT) BCG

I sprayed/Baked Gunkote on the rest of the parts. Absolutely love the look. Not to mention to handling. Accuracy testing this weekend.

2013-05-1504-35-04_zps434bb9eb.jpg

2013-05-1504-33-59_zpsfd284c51.jpg

2013-05-1504-32-11_zpscb633223.jpg

2013-05-1504-29-52_zps44d9247e.jpg

2013-05-1503-10-25_zps80d406b8.jpg

That sir, is an outstanding build! I bet it'll be a shooter too! You must have good internet FU as I looked around desperately for Noveske parts around that time, maybe a little before.

Looking forward to the results from the range. I wouldn't change a damn thing except maybe whatever type forward grip you like.

I wouldn't even due that, I think it is perfect at least IMO the way it is. Congrats on a beauty, can't wait to see how it shoots.

Nice build! A T1 and a CTR in place of the ACOG and SOPMOD woukd make your "lightweight" build even lighter.

That sir, is an outstanding build! I bet it'll be a shooter too! You must have good internet FU as I looked around desperately for Noveske parts around that time, maybe a little before.

Looking forward to the results from the range. I wouldn't change a damn thing except maybe whatever type forward grip you like.

I have black and FDE Larue FUG's for it, just werent on in the picture. I put that 9 slot NSR rail section in order to mount the Harris BRM for accuracy testing. I have a 4.5-14x50 Leupy MKIV for it in a QD mount for this purpose. Just no pictures currently.

Nice build! A T1 and a CTR in place of the ACOG and SOPMOD woukd make your "lightweight" build even lighter.

I actually had a T1 on it briefly, but I need some magnification. I LOVE the 31F Acog that is on it now, I really think that is the perfect optic for this setup.

I love the T1, but beyond about 50 yards, I just do better with an Acog.

Sucks getting old. eyes start to go then everything else goes. Thats the same reason I had to get magnification.

Sucks getting old. eyes start to go then everything else goes. Thats the same reason I had to get magnification.

You know, that was my thought. I shoot a lot behind high mag optics, and noticed my vision had simply deteriorated. So, I went to eye doc (First time ever) and he tested me. Said one eye was 20/20 and the other was better than that. So, I dont know.

I have that barrel and handguard myself. The accuracy out of that thing with Hornady 55gr FMJs and 844 powder is simply amazing!

I think this is likely the best barrel profile out there. It's lighter and easier to move around than my 12.5" Crusader. I'm really happy with it. Love your paint...

Edit: what bag is that ?

Case is a Larue Covert MKII. Ranger green, I think they call it. Little bit of a backorder, but a phenomenal case. So long as you dont mind breaking it down. My 8.2" Noveske Blk may have fit, but my 12.5 and 14.5 have to be broken down.

I have that barrel and handguard myself. The accuracy out of that thing with Hornady 55gr FMJs and 844 powder is simply amazing!

I think this is likely the best barrel profile out there. It's lighter and easier to move around than my 12.5" Crusader. I'm really happy with it. Love your paint...

Edit: what bag is that ?

I am starting to agree with you on the barrel profile. I really love the balance, and like the fact that it is not a pencil profile and is still Noveske stainless.

Nice build you've got there hydro556!! I am slowly accumulating parts for a build centered on a 16" noveske stainless match profile barrel. Hopefully it turns out as nice as yours.

Beautiful rifle. I'm assuming by this build that you've done the Gun Kote before. How does it hold up on the dust cover and Brass Deflector?

Beautiful rifle. I'm assuming by this build that you've done the Gun Kote before. How does it hold up on the dust cover and Brass Deflector?

This is the first time I've sprayed the kg. I used it because that is what Noveske used on the "factory" coated nsr rail.

My initial impression is that it is pretty durable, probably just slightly less so than Ceracote, but substantially more than Duracoat.

Was an easy finish to work with also. One part.

This is the first time I've sprayed the kg. I used it because that is what Noveske used on the "factory" coated nsr rail.

My initial impression is that it is pretty durable, probably just slightly less so than Ceracote, but substantially more than Duracoat.

Was an easy finish to work with also. One part.

Thanks Hydro,

I've been leaning towards sending one of mine out for Cerakote, but if it holds up for you i might give the KG a try. It would be nice to DIY.

Have fun shooting her this weekend, let us know how it goes.