• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing pictures of my shop

mike_l

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Payson, AZ
just thought would sahre some photos of my machine shop/ gunsmithing shop we have 9 cnc machines 6 vertical mills and 3 lathes and some manual stuff too.

102_0555.jpg

102_0554.jpg

102_0553.jpg

102_0552.jpg

102_0551.jpg

102_0549-1.jpg

102_0550.jpg

102_0556.jpg

Re: pictures of my shop

Mike
you should come down and shoot with us in PHX, would love to ask you about some possible work, unless you are at full capacity.

Would love to pm me for some contact info and we can try and set something up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sormi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow.. Nice and clean. I like that. </div></div>

I learned a long time ago, a clean shop was a happy shop .... but a clean shop was a broke shop. I know that is true in the automotive business ... dont know how it works in the smithing business.

We take pride in how clean we keep our shop. A clean shop is a happy shop and a smooth running shop. Thanks for all of your positive comments

I am in aviation. Had some customers come through one time and they thought the shop was TOO clean. We informed them that this was normal for us. We stop work 1/2 hour early everyday to clean up. it is nice to come to a clean shop and start the day.

What all kinda work you doing there?

Payson, I'll be there in a couple weeks visiting my Gramps, Hoping the weather is nice!

we do all kinds of work.. we do aerospacse, production runs, we do alot of work for McMillan, plus we have our own products which are a line of usa made hk parts and a line of lightweight hunting tripods, and of course gunsmithing on the side

here is a picture of some of our work (sorry for picture quality im not the best with a camera)

102_0562.jpg

Man, that is a really nice set up. I wish I were one of those guys who could handle the machining side of firearms. Always thought it would be cool to do that sort of work but like my dad, I'm not much of an engineering-minded person. That just makes me more envious of those who are!

We do make the G30 for McMillan along with alot of the tubb rifle parts and some of there .50 stuff. They give us alot of our work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike_l</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We do make the G30 for McMillan along with alot of the tubb rifle parts and some of there .50 stuff. They give us alot of our work </div></div>
Nice, good for you. You should market your own action
wink.gif

We have a no compete clause with mcmillan so our own action is out of the picture. It is neat to be doing the actions for them. We have made alot of improvements on the action and I believe it's one of the best out there

Wow thats awesome ! Great to see small businesses doing well and with the products you can make its amazing. I sure would be proud to show it off. I have always dreamed of having a shop that I could just do smithing work in but heck if I had all the equipment I wouldnt know how to run it!

Awesome shop , Great job, Be proud of your hard work.