• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pig from last night

superde

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2003
Bryan, Texas
I shot this pig last night with my new NV setup. I wish the Iphone took better pictures at night.

pig5-1.jpg

And a few more critters from this year.

pig4-1.jpg

pig3-1.jpg

pig2-2.jpg

pig1-2.jpg

Re: Pig from last night

Nice good stuff SuperD you gonna be at the cup!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice good stuff SuperD you gonna be at the cup!! </div></div>

Unfortunately not - it falls on my sons birthday this year. 2 years in a row without the Cup - I'm having withdrawals! I will shoot a match this year, I just don't know which one. I've already put 500 rounds of .22LR downrange in practice this year.

I want to see the Trifecta of Team Blaster on the podium this year at the Cup.

2 with 5.56 Hornady 75gr TAP (including the one from last night), 2 with BH .308 175gr Match, and 1 with .260 139gr Scenar. All shot within 120 yards.

I shot more than one pig last night with the AR and NV setup, but only one went down. When you shoot pigs with a suppressed rifle you hear a wet whacking noise when it hits them. I'm going to try loading up some rounds today with Barnes TSX's to see if that does a better job.

I like the first pic with the eye hanging out.
I nailed one in the eye with a 25-06 when I was hunting in Crawford Tx.

EYESHOT.jpg

Good shooting. Hopefully you killed more than one on that trip LOL - there are plenty to go around. I killed 27 pigs last year, and it didn't even make a dent.

Be glad there are no pigs were you live. They destroy crops, hay meadows, etc.

Is there a limit on hogs? How does an out of stater go about getting some of that action? That looks fun as hell.

We did a fly over my place this evening right before dark, got into 2 groups of pigs. Only shot 8, it was just a little too dark. One group got into some thick cover and we couldnt get them out in the open to strafe em. It rained here 2 days ago and they are rooting up everywhere. @!&%^$ hogs, kill em all
mad.gif
Did enjoy some pork tenderloin for lunch today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a limit on hogs? How does an out of stater go about getting some of that action? That looks fun as hell. </div></div>

They are not game animals. You can shoot as many as you want with whatever you want. All you would need is a Texas Hunting License (which you need theoretically to kill anything in Texas). Here are 2 more from last week. The first one ran into the woods and I didn't find him for a couple of days.

pig6-1.jpg

pig7-1.jpg

I also shot a big bore with my .300 RUM in the shoulder at 100 yards last week. He squeeled (sp?) with every step as went under the fence and limped into the woods. I was a bit shocked he didn't go down immediately even though he was probably in the 250-300lb range. It hit him with almost 4,000 ft-lbs of energy if the ballistic calculator is correct. The woods is on the other side of our property boundary fence, so I didn't go looking for him on the neighbors property.