• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pig0311 or a desmond

Gypsy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
Looking for a entry level tripod for shooting and spotting scope duties. Leofrotto 364 isnt in the budget right now. Going to use a pig saddle. These 2 keep popping up as good value.

I have the carbon fiber Desmond and like it pretty good. I remember looking at the Pig when I was in the market and after already having bought and returned a Slik the weight turned me off. I think the carbon fiber Desmond is almost two pounds lighter. Maybe not a big deal if you aren’t carrying it around but I walk around and hunt pigs with mine.

This is what I went with.

Desmond DCF-432 Traveller Tripod Legs 4 Section 69" Height Carbon Fiber Fibre https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014BZU28Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4Jj3CbBAG6Q1F

I have the carbon fiber Desmond and like it pretty good. I remember looking at the Pig when I was in the market and after already having bought and returned a Slik the weight turned me off. I think the carbon fiber Desmond is almost two pounds lighter. Maybe not a big deal if you aren’t carrying it around but I walk around and hunt pigs with mine.

This is what I went with.

Desmond DCF-432 Traveller Tripod Legs 4 Section 69" Height Carbon Fiber Fibre https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014BZU28Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4Jj3CbBAG6Q1F

Do you think its stable enough for a heavier gun like a DTA?

I’ve used mine with SR25, Surefire can, 3-20 S&B, PVS30 and Hog Saddle and didn’t notice any problems. That said don’t confuse this guy with a RRS or even a Feisol.

Everybody kind of has their own dog in the tripod game it seems. And I think all of them are pretty good. Whether it be a pig or nightstalker or pva or slik. But once you start looking for lighter options the price gets higher and less to choose from.

Reactions: avalanche

To echo the above I have the DCF-432 and it's been plenty stable when I've shot my 2 Remingtons in AX AICS chassis with NF optics on them. From the standing I was hitting a half IPSC at 480 with my 6.5 CM and a homegrown direct mount. I don't think the Desmond is a half bad tripod and I put it ahead of the Nightstalker/Amazon XILETU tripod in terms of quality. I had the XILETU tripod for about 20 minutes before I broke off one of the ridges underneath that limits the tripod leg travel. It went back to Amazon and I picked up the Desmond and haven't really regretted it.

Reactions: avalanche

Attachments

• 2FE87E81-06DB-4E31-BB7F-59CE01D6E50D.jpeg
    2FE87E81-06DB-4E31-BB7F-59CE01D6E50D.jpeg
    456.6 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Pig0311 paired with pig saddle made my deer season last year. I was limited to hunting off the ground due to a car accident but ended up with 5 deer and 4 hogs. More than happy with that combo especially for the money.

Desmond came today. Ordering a Pog saddle this week. Seems pretty high quality for the money. Should last until I get my hands on a Lefrotto