• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Pigg Night shoot Nov 12

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Anyone going ? Think I’m gonna be at a disadvantage with thermal but we shall see

26A5A32F-6CAF-4E2A-A3F0-3D3A77F57174.png
    EDE8DCB9-7D28-4EA6-A812-94DF16AEF774.png
    02418D6F-FDAF-4154-9408-1FAB5A121B54.png

Reactions: kindabitey
    I'm not shooting Saturday, but I will shoot the Friday match. The targets will be lighted Friday, but the line will be red/green lights only. I don't have the kit to shot Saturday

I won't be shooting either night, but will be hanging around for a bit both nights.

Reactions: deersniper
    Who is RV/Camping at the the range Friday night?

Rain for about the first half of the comp them cleared up towards the end. Good match.

Attachments

• 084145D5-5954-4F73-B9E8-FE8C4A549066.jpeg
      084145D5-5954-4F73-B9E8-FE8C4A549066.jpeg
      364.5 KB · Views: 24
    Any C35 thermals out and about there? Was going to go, but was sure if that would be sufficient for the course.

Pretty sure nv is gonna beat all. We shall see.

Don’t think a c35 would have much luck.
    Yeah that would have left me using a PVS 14, and a low power laser. Even worse then the C35 setup. Guess that means I need to get a good NV clip on one day

Any C35 thermals out and about there? Was going to go, but was sure if that would be sufficient for the course.
    Wouldn’t have even let you compete with C35. Would’ve been severely disadvantaged.

Curious if anyone saw Deersniper there? Did you notice him running his fag cocksucker about .gov parasites to all the LEO and other “.gov parasites” he seems to despise so bad?

Exactly.

What a bitch ass troll. Hopefully that’s him on here reading this. 🖕🏿 🥸

So this was your match
    No but spoke to the owner about it. Also, if you look in the description posted above it mentions a few examples of what wouldn’t be acceptable. Even decent clip ons such as Super Yoter C, C35, etc would be at a severe disadvantage. He may have an open range night though in the future so please keep a look out if you’re interested. It would likely also be an application process due to the nature of the event and safety concerns.

No but spoke to the owner about it. Also, if you look in the description posted above it mentions a few examples of what wouldn’t be acceptable. Even decent clip ons such as Super Yoter C, C35, etc would be at a severe disadvantage. He may have an open range night though in the future so please keep a look out if you’re interested. It would likely also be an application process due to the nature of the event and safety concerns.
    Funny, my email traffic with them didn’t seem so definitive on no. Description said that scope type thermals and NV wouldn’t cut it, would have to be a clip on or the like. I chose not to go, was never told no I couldn’t come.

Our group had (2) $15,000ish Eotech clip-ons, Yoter-C clip-on, and (2) $25,000ish UTC II clip-ons and with the rain and the targets being the same temperature as everything else it made it impossible to see targets even for them. Heating them up definitely helped but didn’t last very long. Night vision is definitely the way to go shooting steel at night but won’t be giving up my thermals as one night of shooting steel isn’t worth all the nights of ease killing coyotes. I just enjoyed hanging out with everyone and seeing all the gear.

Reactions: db2000 and BurtG
    Funny, my email traffic with them didn’t seem so definitive on no. Description said that scope type thermals and NV wouldn’t cut it, would have to be a clip on or the like. I chose not to go, was never told no I couldn’t come.
    I shouldn’t speak for anyone else as far as stating you would be denied admission. I feel based on my conversation with the owner, who I know, it would be likely you would be discouraged from participating with the C35. That’s all. Many guys competing were using $25k-$75k kit.
    Again hopefully you can make it to an open night range if he decides to do it.

Last edited:
    Our group had (2) $15,000ish Eotech clip-ons, Yoter-C clip-on, and (2) $25,000ish UTC II clip-ons and with the rain and the targets being the same temperature as everything else it made it impossible to see targets even for them. Heating them up definitely helped but didn’t last very long. Night vision is definitely the way to go shooting steel at night but won’t be giving up my thermals as one night of shooting steel isn’t worth all the nights of ease killing coyotes. I just enjoyed hanging out with everyone and seeing all the gear.
    I’m told this is the solution. Big pain in the ass for 5 shooters though.

88E65DC3-041C-450A-AF24-75E48628FE8B.png

What did the shooter think with the Yoter-C think about it? Do you remember what he ran it in front of?

What did the shooter think with the Yoter-C think about it? Do you remember what he ran it in front of?
    I was the one shooting the Yoter-C and it definitely isn’t as clear as my Pulsar Accolade Pro 2 LRF’s. I could actually see targets with my Accolade’s the ELR’s and UTC’s couldn’t. Watching trace through the Recon 4’s was bad ass though.

View attachment 7998766

View attachment 7998766
    That’s a great idea! Josh told us after they were heated and the heat died pretty quickly that atleast the barricade plate is 3/4” steel. We probably didn’t get enough heat in the plates to last if the rest were that thick. Josh did a great job with the match and definitely enjoyed being there as I do on all my trips to Pigg River.

Reactions: db2000 and BurtG
    @ncyotecaller
    Thanks for the reply. Was there a particular distance at which the YC became unusable or very poor? Also, what optic was behind it?
    I’m very familiar with the range there so just trying to imagine where it lacked for my own knowledge. Thanks

@ncyotecaller
    Thanks for the reply. Was there a particular distance at which the YC became unusable or very poor? Also, what optic was behind it?
    I’m very familiar with the range there so just trying to imagine where it lacked for my own knowledge. Thanks
    There is a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 behind the Yoter-C. Of the few targets we got to shoot I was able to make out a 525ish target and get impacts but by the time we shot the barricade the 400yd 10” circle looked like a blob.

Reactions: db2000