• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Piggyback red dot: Larue LT788 vs Reptilia

Moai17

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2022
Az
I’m about to finish my build and looking to add a piggyback red dot on top of the scope. Should I go w Larue LT788-2 or the Reptilia? The Larue has two screws vs the Reptilia has 4. From other posts both are secure so IMO having a thinner profile is likely more flexible to mount on the scope( all things being equal). I also like the height of the Larue since I have a taller turret; this would prevent me from buying the riser for the Reptilia. This is for a AR15 platform SPR build

Any thoughts? Thanks !!!

The Reptilia can be adapted to their mount, Geissele’s, or mounted in a standalone configuration. The Larue was designed to the way it was to facilitate 45° orientation between turrets, not to say it can’t be run as a standard piggyback, and is made by a total jackass off his lithium.

Reptilia if my mount didn’t already have a provision within its ecosystem.

Yah. I have a NightForce ultra lite mount that is 5.4oz. Love the reptilia mount but they don’t have 20MOA mounts. Like the badger but Not a fan of their piggyback system. Hence was thinking either the reptilia or larue

Yeah Nightforce doesn’t have a good solution. Reptilia SAR is how I’d go if you’re not liking Badger. I’ll say that Parker Mountain Machine makes low-mount four-screw piggyback direct mount top rings for Badger that are way less bulky than Badger’s six screw monstrosity.

Reactions: Moai17
Yeah Nightforce doesn’t have a good solution. Reptilia SAR is how I’d go if you’re not liking Badger. I’ll say that Parker Mountain Machine makes low-mount four-screw piggyback direct mount top rings for Badger that are way less bulky than Badger’s six screw monstrosity.
Bro. That’s perfect. That’s what I needed!! I’ll prob go w badger now. In case the rds doesn’t clear the turret do they sell a riser? Or you think the reptilia riser will fit?

Bro. That’s perfect. That’s what I needed!! I’ll prob go w badger now. In case the rds doesn’t clear the turret do they sell a riser? Or you think the reptilia riser will fit?
For RMR I’d expect the Reptilia riser works as I’ve seen it used on a Spuhr mount.

Reactions: Moai17
Last q. Do you know of any NightForce rmr rings done by another manufacturer? Similar to PMM?

Last q. Do you know of any NightForce rmr rings done by another manufacturer? Similar to PMM?
Wilcox might have years and years ago and probably for a different footprint, but $$$ and discontinued.