• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Pillar length for Badger M5

JJones75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2008
southern , LA
I'm gonna be getting my stock back from Manners any day and gonna have to rebed it , I was wondering if any of you guys have the correct pillar length for the Badger M5 bottom metal so that the action feeds well from the mag.

Re: Pillar length for Badger M5

Your best bet would probably be to start with them a bit long and then gradually mill them down till everything works like you want it to. Stock variances and even differences between magazines will affect feeding so you'll have to sort of feel it out to get the best results.

If the pillars are still installed, remove them and rebed, if not they come with the M5, or like MAGUA said those are the measurements.

Thanks a bunch guys , the stock was sent back to Manners for a repaint but when the old paint was stripped some cracks were discovered , Tom and crew removed all the old fill then re inletted the stock. I'm sure that they would not replace the pillers that were in it but rather sned a set with the stock.

Thanks again

I have been running 1.085 and .735 minimum. I have set up at least 12 rifles using this and worked w/o issue. The first couple I ran with the BO pillars, and the front wanted to touch the action.

I run the BO length pillars but have had to relieve the mag box to keep it from contacting the bottom of the action. I'd rather run the mag as absolutely high as possible without the bolt dragging on the feed lips.

I recently changed stocks and need to purchase two replacement pillars for my BO M5 hardware. Midway has a few different styles, anyone have the ID/OD dimensions as well as the lengths mentioned above? When I called BO they told me to try Midway or Brownells, but since I don't know the sizes I don't know what to order. If I had a lathe I could make my own...Thanks, Bill