• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pistol Braces Are Gay!

DRAM40A1

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2007
    S E of Dallas,TX.
    Until you are the one using one! ?

I mocked up the Mega 308 Pistol this afternoon. Waiting on the 12.5” Bartlein barrel and I guess I’ll find out if it will run.
    Is there a max length of pull on an AR pistol????

Attachments

• F0C0C7A1-77F8-4781-A9C2-8C004AD1BB85.jpeg
      F0C0C7A1-77F8-4781-A9C2-8C004AD1BB85.jpeg
      685.7 KB · Views: 87
    Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    Until you are the one using one! ?

I mocked up the Mega 308 Pistol this afternoon. Waiting on the 12.5” Bartlein barrel and I guess I’ll find out if it will run.
    Is there a max length of pull on an AR pistol????

that ain't a pistol........its a flame thrower

Reactions: DRAM40A1
    I've never seen a length mentioned, I've only read/heard that rifles have stocks and pistols have braces. As long as it is wearing a brace and has a barrel under 16"s then it is a pistol. Also, the lower cannot have been classified as a rifle at any time in the past.

I've never seen a length mentioned, I've only read/heard that rifles have stocks and pistols have braces. As long as it is wearing a brace and has a barrel under 16"s then it is a pistol. Also, the lower cannot have been classified as a rifle at any time in the past.
    Actually you can make it a rifle and back to pistol configuration, as long as it was a pistol first.

Reactions: DRAM40A1
    Some states have overall length requirements. Better check.

If we say that ours identify as gay, then the govt won't ever try to ban them like bumpstocks, right?
    The sad thing is it might actually work.

In Utah you are not allowed to have a loaded long gun in a vehicle. Hence, a loaded SBR in your car would be illegal BUT a 9" 300bo AR Pistol would be LEGAL !

In Utah you are not allowed to have a loaded long gun in a vehicle. Hence, a loaded SBR in your car would be illegal BUT a 9" 300bo AR Pistol would be LEGAL !

Same deal here in Wi. CCW permit and the pistol is good to go.

Can I take any lower and put a brace in it for it to be a pistol? I have a whole DTAC if stripped lowers setting here.

Can I take any lower and put a brace in it for it to be a pistol? I have a whole DTAC if stripped lowers setting here.
    Yes. Legally a rifle already built from a stripped lower cannot be remade into a pistol, but one built initially into a pistol can go back and forth.

My understanding is only if it was transferred as just a receiver or pistol. I bought a BCM complete lower but it was transferred as a long gun so it is legally a rifle.

So do you have to buy a pistol marked lower or can you use any stripped lower?

Another notable rule is the 26" rule.
    If you have a non rifle (meaning it does not have a shoulder stock) and is over 26" (not included in measurements is muzzle devices, and if it has a folding "brace" it is measured folded) with the non folding brace extended you now have a "firearm" (think of the Shockwave shotgun. 14" barrel but not a sbs) and not a pistol. So if you excited the legally measured length of 26" you can have a vertical grip.
    But keep in mind if your state allows you to have a loaded pistol in a vehicle but not anything else you can't have this loaded because it's no longer a pistol in the eyes of the law. If you do exceed 26" and do not have a vertical grip you still have a pistol.
    Also as I understand the law you can have a pistol with a barrel any leangth you want. It's still a pistol as long as it does not have a vertical front grip or a shoulder stock.

So for you guys who what a sbr type but choose to use a brace to avoid paperwork (or waiting for approval) keep that in mind.

This is my personal understanding and in no way legal advice......