• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Pistol Caliber AR Pistol...

tactic-als

Jawa Reaper
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
PA
I was somewhat excited about the CMMG Guard 9mm....not sure why or what was improved about it, will have to go back and research that one. BUT, I was at a private range a couple weeks ago and a guy there had a New Frontier Armory pistol AR. The upper has side charging handle (I like that a lot!) and I guess it's the lower that has a feature for Last Round Bolt Hold Open (LRBHO)...which makes me think that some/most don't have this since they are really pushing it as a selling feature. Last, one that has been on my radar before either of these is the Quarter Circle 10 stuff but they seem to be very proud of what they make.

Interested in what anyone has to say about any of these or any other manufacturer of quality 9mm AR pistols. Main consideration is that it use Glock mags.

THANKS!

You will find that any of the glock mag lowers are hard on the mags. I run a QC10 lower as a PCC and over time it will blow out the front tip of the glock mag. Talked to a guy who was a top 5 at PCC world championship who runs a JP and he has the same problem. Changes mags out once a year.

It seems ridiculous to not purchase a AR pistol based upon it might wear out inexpensive polymer magazines. 200 rounds of 9 mm FMJ or 100 rounds of HST cost MORE than a 33 round magazine! The magazines will last thousands of rounds. The magazine should be considered a consumable item, just like the ammo.

This is a Wilson AR9 8" Glock based pistol (also available with either Smith & Wesson or Beretta magwells) that I since converted to anSBR. Just the BATFE paperwork cost more than 6 magazines!

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 7.12.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 7.13.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 7.15.22 AM.png
IMG_4894a.jpg
IMG_5915 copy.JPG
IMG_6116 copy.JPG

I built one using a Spartan side charging receiver set from Joe Bob's. It has LRBHO. The most fun gun I have. Have shot several hundred rounds thru it with no issues at all. I'm using ETS Glock mags. I'm shooting 115 gr Magtech rounds. And yes, it's very purple. lol...

IMG_6116 copy.JPG

You've got your abduction kit set up all wrong. You're missing gaffer's tape and a ball-peen hammer, and you need to daisy-chain that paracord.

QC10 lower, both uppers are spartan with the LRBHO. One has a 5” barrel the other 10.5” and both have 3lug mounts to run suppressed.
BAC450A3-1863-4A99-A421-51823C8829F2.jpeg