• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Pistol safe for vehicle.

SouthernGunner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2011
Texas
Anyone have any recommendations for a pistol safe I can mount in the vehicle or atleast cable it to the seat. There are some places I go that I am not allowed to have my ccw and I would like some way to have it somewhat secured in the vehicle but also not looking to spend a ridiculous amount of money for it

There are some that are vehicle specific. In my Jeep Wrangler, I have a lockable box that is mounted under each of the front seats. I think made by Smittybilt but am not sure off hand. They are bolted to the Jeep using the seat bolts. Each will hold a full sized 45ACP (pictured is a commander sized) and a couple of boxes of ammo....or spare mags.

Condition Zero makes a mount, also in my Jeep, that holds a holster at right knee level.

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpeg
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    531.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 72
I've got the Console Safe, an option when ordering a Ford. It will stop a smash and grab, but not much good against time and tools.........

Reactions: Modoc
I have a lock r down center console safe that really nicely made. Also have a Tuffy lock box that goes under the entire rear seat.

The Vaultek Slider mounted to the seat rail seems kind of interesting. I don't have personal experience though.

Anyone have any recommendations for a pistol safe I can mount in the vehicle or atleast cable it to the seat. There are some places I go that I am not allowed to have my ccw and I would like some way to have it somewhat secured in the vehicle but also not looking to spend a ridiculous amount of money for it
Hornady came out with a mobile lock box a while back-

It’s not big enough for (2) pistols, but is sufficient for a G19 & 4 magazines.
With the included cable it’s a decent option.

i have this in my pickup. it's in there pretty good but as noted above, with some time and tools it will be defeated. i'd def buy it again.

the nice thing with this, vs something maybe cabled in the back or trunk of your car, is you can access without anyone seeing you doing that.

I just picked up a RedRock Alterum series center console vault. Currently on sale for $137.99.

1702410294612.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hseII
I have always gone with the rule that a firearm inside of a LOCKED vehicle is secured. Then again, I don't drive a Jeep with a soft Top. If I did, I would rethink my last statement.
Personally, when I do run into your listed situation, I lock my sidearm in the lockable glove box.

I have always gone with the rule that a firearm inside of a LOCKED vehicle is secured. Then again, I don't drive a Jeep with a soft Top. If I did, I would rethink my last statement.
Personally, when I do run into your listed situation, I lock my sidearm in the lockable glove box.
It isn't. We just had a stem of vehicle break-ins, in crowded parking lots, where the perps would pull or pry out the window, grab the gun and be on their way in about 60 seconds. They broke into over a dozen vehicles along a major highway over the course of two hours. They stole multiple weapons, mostly out of pickup trucks.

It isn't. We just had a stem of vehicle break-ins, in crowded parking lots, where the perps would pull or pry out the window, grab the gun and be on their way in about 60 seconds. They broke into over a dozen vehicles along a major highway over the course of two hours. They stole multiple weapons, mostly out of pickup trucks.
And yet I still say it is secured. D bag is committing a crime by breaking into your locked vehicle. Whether they are breaking into your vehicle or they are taking a gun safe from your vehicle, either way they are breaking the law. That’s just the semantics of it.
I understand if you want to take the extra step in regards to securing a firearm in a vehicle. I guess it depends on the crime level of where you live.

D bag robber doesn't care about your opinion, semantics or the law. It's a smash and grab crime where time matters. They're going to go after "easy" and the additional step of securing a firearm in a safe, one that's not easy to get into or remove from the vehicle, is a far better option than leaving it where it's either plainly visible or in a glovebox. The law or semantics have nothing to do with it. I'm sure most of the people that had their vehicle broken into also had some sort of sticker on their back window advertising them as a gun owner. But hey, practice that first amendment.

And the whole theft was shockingly quick. They caught it on surveillance video. I'll try to find the article.

I've seen multiple restaurants also post warnings on their front door in regards to vehicle break-ins and weapons being stolen. The one I was at last night got so bad they posted the warning and have since hired security to drive around the parking lot. Thieves are also targeting cars and trucks parking at stores that carry guns and ammo like Bass Pro and Academy.

D bag robber doesn't care about your opinion, semantics or the law. It's a smash and grab crime where time matters. They're going to go after "easy" and the additional step of securing a firearm in a safe, one that's not easy to get into or remove from the vehicle, is a far better option than leaving it where it's either plainly visible or in a glovebox. The law or semantics have nothing to do with it. I'm sure most of the people that had their vehicle broken into also had some sort of sticker on their back window advertising them as a gun owner. But hey, practice that first amendment.

And the whole theft was shockingly quick. They caught it on surveillance video. I'll try to find the article.

I've seen multiple restaurants also post warnings on their front door in regards to vehicle break-ins and weapons being stolen. The one I was at last night got so bad they posted the warning and have since hired security to drive around the parking lot. Thieves are also targeting cars and trucks parking at stores that carry guns and ammo like Bass Pro and Academy.
Advertising is asking for trouble in the current climate.

Reactions: RLinNH