• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pistol suppressor cover?

312InchMagnum

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2020
Texas
Do any of you guys run a suppressor cover on your pistol can?

I’m ordering a cole tac for my rifle can but don’t want something that thick for a pistol?

I don’t run the pistol with a cover on but I bring some of my rifle covers (also coletac’s) for transporting the can around and holding it while it’s piping hot.

I don't use covers on pistol cans mounted on pistols. The extra weight can make them less reliable (more weight for booster to overcome). And to me, a suppressed pistol is a range toy or will be used for a few shots in the field = none needed. Just make sure you have a good surface at the range to rest it on if they have rug or something that will melt. I use a kitchen hot pad or such.

I do put covers on pistol cans mounted on SBRs so if I let them hang hot, I'm not asking for a brand.

Reactions: Mrindecisive
FYI, I want to clarify my earlier statement, a cover only weights 2-3 oz and it is rare to cause any issues, but it has happened. That said a suppressor already makes the pistol front heavy and I notice the extra weight of the cover and dislike it.

A rifle cover will fit fine, so if you want to wrap your rifle cover over your pistol suppressor you can see if you like it before ordering.