• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Piston AR's

Diver95b

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Hawaii
I am looking into purchasing a piston AR. Any advice as to makes and models would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards a Patriot Ordinance Factory 223. Please share your experiences.

Re: Piston AR's

Personally I'm a fan of LWRC. The wait is long but I think they are worth it. These guys spent a lot of time and money getting their system right before it went to market.

I personally have an issued HK 416 and a personal LWRC both 10 inch guns like the Lwrc better. Shot an Sig 556 that was real nice as well. But still +1 on LWRC

I have a POF 415, and it is a great weapon. It's easy to clean, you don't have to remove the hand guards to clean the piston system. Shoots great, I have never had a malfunction with approximately 4,000 rounds thru it. the only bad thing is the wait, mine took over 8 months,and that was over two years ago.

I have POF's very nice, pretty spendy, but its nice to not have to remove the hand guard. and you can flip the piston around for supressed use.

CJG

Anyone seen or heard anything about the S&W M&P15 Piston AR?, it is listed on their web site, supposedly uses a modified Adams Arms piston system, which I also know nothing about, I am considering getting a M&P15 & if their piston model is reliable I may get one, as wait time & price will most likely be a lot less than the LMT or LWRC. any one with some info?