• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors piston driven AR???

Re: piston driven AR???

I have an LWRC piston upper and I can't say that it quieter but it is certainly WAY less gas in your face with the can , I got a great deal on mine and have to say that if you have a deal then the piston makes a huge differance with the gas to the face and it keeps the internals alot cleaner especialy when shooting cheap ammo

I'm running a custom made form 1 suppressor thats as quiet as any comercial units I've heard the noise is comming from the sonic crack and theirs now way short of going sub sonic to stop that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an LWRC piston upper and I can't say that it quieter but it is certainly WAY less gas in your face with the can , I got a great deal on mine and have to say that if you have a deal then the piston makes a huge differance with the gas to the face and it keeps the internals alot cleaner especialy when shooting cheap ammot</div></div>
Big +1

Nice to hear. Waiting on an LWRC M6A3, and wondered just how much difference I would see. This is encouraging. I HATE cleaning rifles.

Anybody know the story on LWRC .308 rifles? Are these able to fit on other lowers (e.g. Armalite, DPMS) or only on LWRC lowers?
I'd love to snag a piston .308 18" upper for my Armalite lower.

I e-mail LWRC awhile back and I remember them telling me only LWRC uppers will fit LWRC lowers. But, I think I was asking about the SABR uppers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is a piston driven AR with a can quieter than the regular direct gas driven? I may have a great deal lined up on an Adams Arms piston kit.
Thanks </div></div>

Piston systems are not quieter than DI, since a little bit of gas is vented at the gas block where it meets the piston. With the same can, the piston upper has slightly more 'crack' than a DI upper.

(but much less crap in the face!)

Unless you are doing A LOT of suppressed fire the standard Civilian/CONVENTIONAL Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Airman (or is it "Person"?), Coastie or Cop will have no use of a piston driven M4.

But for you fucking posers who think you do.... I have three 14.5" and Four 10.5" Uppers in my closet for sale with the OTB option for 4500 a piece so you can complete your CAG dress up ensemble.

Yep... Truth in advertising here folks! And you saw it on FIRST on SH!

Yep I only paid a fraction of what I am gonna ask for them but some fucking wanna be will ask me for it.

Oh and LWRC... Ask them for a parts list you should take on deployment (have a lot of ink)

Oh and LWRC "We" (The USMC) NEVER asked "Them" to make jack fucking shit. All they did was answer a market research.

Heaven forbid I want to buy something that the military, or even *gasp, low whisper* (marines, snipers, rangers, etc.) use or have used. In fact, contemplating that purchase puts me on the level with every member of mall-ninjas are us and the self-professed fake war heroes. I should go crawl back into the hole I came out of and speak no more of these things.

Seriously, sorry LWRC or someone pissed in your wheaties. Call me a poseur or wannabe (in fact the latter is actually true), and have a better day today.

I get to read this kind of shit for free??

Jesus I love this site!!! LOL!

35124retard.jpg

Posers, fucking posers.

I can't take what a bunch of fuck holes you guys are.

Damn Im fucking cool. You should all give me a mouth hug for hanging around here.

CAG... fucking CAG

CAG

I feel a bit ashamed that I rose to the bait...of course it does give me quite a chuckle now realizing that I've been duped.

Back on topic,
unfortunate that LWRC SABR uppers will only fit their lowers. I would really like a .308 AR piston system to use with a can. Given that POF uppers won't fit on an armalite .308 lower, I guess I'm sticking to the trusty DI, unless someone else has some good info on other systems to investigate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Posers, fucking posers.

I can't take what a bunch of fuck holes you guys are.

Damn Im fucking cool. You should all give me a mouth hug for hanging around here.

CAG... fucking CAG

CAG </div></div>

grin.gif

Lighten up Francis..geez.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROGUE7A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless you are doing A LOT of suppressed fire the standard Civilian/CONVENTIONAL Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Airman (or is it "Person"?), Coastie or Cop will have no use of a piston driven M4.

But for you fucking posers who think you do.... I have three 14.5" and Four 10.5" Uppers in my closet for sale with the OTB option for 4500 a piece so you can complete your CAG dress up ensemble.

Yep I only paid a fraction of what I am gonna ask for them but some fucking wanna be will ask me for it.

Oh and LWRC... Ask them for a parts list you should take on deployment (have a lot of ink)

Oh and LWRC "We" (The USMC) NEVER asked "Them" to make jack fucking shit. All they did was answer a market research. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROGUE7A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless you are doing A LOT of suppressed fire the standard Civilian/CONVENTIONAL Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Airman (or is it "Person"?), Coastie or Cop will have no use of a piston driven M4.

Oh and LWRC "We" (The USMC) NEVER asked "Them" to make jack fucking shit. All they did was answer a market research. </div></div>

I can't say that I would have paid full price for the upper I have but I will say that this gun gets shot almost exclusivly with the suppressor the only time it is shot wihtout it is when showing a compairison to sombody. Does it work better than a conventional well made upper?- I don't see that it does
does it greatly reduce the gas in the face of the shooter?-Yes
Does it reduce the fouling on the internals of the upper?-Yes

so if anybody is looking for these benifits and has the money to spend I'd recomend getting it , I can't see where calling people a "poser" for wanting better equiptment makes much sense unless the only place you can feel tough is on the web.
I can't comment about LWRC's customer servivce and luckly I've never had to use it granted this weapon isin't in a combat situation but it does spend the majority of its like in a patrol car. Frow what I can tell from taking it apart for a very good cleaning its a as well made as any other quaity AR I've ver seen and don't see where their would be any more to break .

I've talked to the guys at LWRC a couple times about their SABR. The scoop is that their first production keeps getting pushed back. I think the first shipment is supposed to go out in May now, about 60 days after first promised.

I liked the look and options of the SABR, but for what you're paying for a "precision" rifle from them, you're not going to get better than a 1" MOA. Since GAP or APA will both make a better shooting rifle, sans the piston system, you have to decide what's more important, accuracy or cleaning.

For me, I'd take a straight shooting gun that gets a little dirtier any day over a clean running but less accurate system. Cleaning weapons is a part of shooting them. Then again, I grew up in the Army on a 240B gun team, and that experience conditions a guy to be grateful to clean any weapon other than the pig.

On the topic of "posers", I really don't give a shit. I've been in too many pistol classes and seen long tabbers that can't get a 4" group with a pistol at 10 yards that I acknowledge one important truth: it doesn't matter what kind of uniform you wear, what kind of tab is on your shoulder, or what rank weighs down your collar, the only thing that matters is, can you shoot?

~ZL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TNT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel a bit ashamed that I rose to the bait...of course it does give me quite a chuckle now realizing that I've been duped.

Back on topic,
unfortunate that LWRC SABR uppers will only fit their lowers. I would really like a .308 AR piston system to use with a can. Given that POF uppers won't fit on an armalite .308 lower, I guess I'm sticking to the trusty DI, unless someone else has some good info on other systems to investigate. </div></div>

There is a gun store in Austin, TX that has a butt load ( 1/2 dozen or so) POF lowers if you are interested. The POF .308 upper has a gas plug that you can set for suppressed vs. normal fire to help manage the gas better. I never shot mine with a can, but it is loud as fuck when you shoot it. More so than my LTR.

Having worn a long tab for 25 years, I agree there are lots of Brothers that that cannot find that front sight. Practice makes the trigger press better.

PM me for the store telephone number and owner.