• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Pitts Precision Rifles

bjohnson_7

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2007
by the river TN
I thought hard about what to get my Dad for father's day and I remembered his favorite hunting rifle was not shooting as good as it used to...I know a couple of guys around where I live take their rifles to Mr. Pitts. So I called him and he said bring it over tomorrow which was Sunday and I asked him are you sure and he said yeah...So I took my Dad and his rifle over there and he borescoped it...it had erosion right past the crown so he took a little over a quarter of an inch off of it and recrowned it...took about 30 minutes...and all I can say is what a great job he did. The crown looks really great and the rifle shoots like it did when my Dad first got it. He does real good work and I thought I would let yall know.

Re: Pitts Precision Rifles

A friend of mine and I have both had work done by Howard Pitts. He is a great guy to meet and does excellent work. His bolt knob mod may well be my favorite as it is not so long as to be cumbersome, but just right for fast bolt manipulation.

I have a stock and action that may be barreled and bedded by Howard.

Re: Pitts Precision Rifles

Howard also make a very nice meplat trimmer. I've done thousands of bullets with it, and I'm very happy with it.

DocB