• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PIX Request : Leu VX-3 Knobs

akula88

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Hi.

Anyone already have a Leupold VX-3 low to medium magnification? 1.5-5 / 1.75-6 / 2.5-8.

I would like to request pix of the adjustment knobs (without the caps) -- Please.

Thanks.

Re: PIX Request : Leu VX-3 Knobs

I've got a 1.75-6x and 2.5-8x. Sent the 2.5-8 in for M1 knobs. The stock knobs are pretty hard to turn and have a cheesy sliding brass zero ring instead of knobs that you can lift up and reset to zero. The 1.75-6 is going on a 375 WEA DG hunting rifle so the stock knobs are workable.

I'm trying to compare it with my Conquest and IOR 1.1-4. I like the very positive and large capped knobs of the IOR. The ones on the Conquest are ok, but are relatively smaller. I'm not sure I like uncapped target knobs, but I hate 'coin' assisted knobs.

The stock finger adjustable turrets are pretty lame for a lot of adjusting up and down as in LR precision field shooting. Can't read it from behind the rifle, not much to grab onto with cold fingers or gloves, cheesy zero index is a sliding ring. Looks like this:

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Leupold-VXIII-BC/MVC-019F.jpg

I sent my VX-III 2.5-8x36 for M1 turrets. Here's a pic,

Img_9583.jpg