• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pizza Night.

Jimmy2Times

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2005
Amesbury, Massachusetts
I've been making some awesome pizza in my WECSOG brick oven. Everything, including the dough from scratch. Here's some pics:

The Dough:

Dough.jpg

Pepperoni for the kids:

P1.jpg

Quattro formagio:

P2.jpg

Salami and roasted peppers:

P3.jpg

Pizza Bottom:

Bot.jpg

WECSOG brick oven:

NRBO.jpg

Re: Pizza Night.

Where did you get those bricks?

Seriously,,, we have been looking for those exact bricks for our BBQ's for quite some time. (read: a few years)

I only have 4 of those left, and they are THE BEST. And this use, for in the house oven, is even gooder!

It's "quattro formaggi", and this spelling correction just cost you a Pizza Margherita with Buffalo Mozzarella
smile.gif

The wife several years back bought a big thick pizza stone from some where and it works well. I think she got it from one of those food parties where you pay your friend 5 times too much for stuff.

Guys, those are split fire bricks. I get them from the local mom and pops brick, stone an tile place. Any brick and stone place should have them. They work great and heat up fast. I just leave them in there 24x7 and cook everything on the bricks.

The salami and pepper pizza also has buffulo mozzerella on it.
The Quattro Formaggi has pecorino romano, parmesan, gorgonzola, and asiago. And thanks for correcting my Italiano, it's been a long time.
laugh.gif

Anyplace that sells rock, brick, concrete etc has those fire bricks in stock.

Nice lookn pies Jimmy!

I have started a fire pit in the back yard and at this point it's not a long stretch to turn it into a actual brick oven or cast sand oven later on.
DIY sandcast ovens are simple enough to make and can be done on the cheap with minimal upgrade cost for brick work

I had found this page time ago, and although I am the furthest thing from being a cook, every time I browse that link I get really really hungry
smile.gif

That look like a guy who takes his pizza very seriously.