• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PKM/AR (Now with shooting video)

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    I'm in the process of getting all the parts together to build a semi-auto PKM. As part of the process I am building a "PKM" based on an AR-15. It will be magazine fed and in 5.56 and just look like a PKM. The gun utilizes a side charging upper and a lower with a Frankling Binary trigger. 20" 1-7 barrel, rifle length gas system, ACE SOPMOD doorbuster folding stock and Russian PK-01 red dot.

Coming along rather nicely. I'm going to experiment with different Russian Camo schemes on this one and am leaning toward Russian "Partizan" camo and maybe do it in dark grey and dark blue.

DSCN6590.JPG

DSCN6591.JPG

Parts
    1679522654976.jpeg
    OIP.DCpHYCKYiySgFQrLtgGGywHaE7
    1679522719842.jpeg
    OIP.3D4Bch94oB2fYLiGV0p7AAHaNK
    OIP.e4WSUAPl8BNIE1bOnsjPkgHaIX
    OIP.zwnq3GBkA2xRzj6lqA88ygHaDX
    OIP.Gcvld_qgy3V28DBxmq_HcQHaHa

Camo

531635dbe43eeb430bb1b2abe3fdde91.jpg
    832979fd29b96d89e4ba4464c299cd4c.jpg

SS-Autumn-Partizan-Pattern-340x340.jpg
    SS-Leto-Partizan-Summer-Pattern-340x340.jpg
    SS-Spring-medusa-pattern-340x340.jpg

Finished all the major components and test fired...works fine. I must say that the folding stock on an AR with that bolt extension gives the wierdest springiest recoil. Working on some final cosmetic stuff like the hinge for the feed cover, and a safety extension for the Fostech binary trigger. This is a somewhat Spetsnazy variant with the SOCOM doorbuster stock, and Picatinny handguard. The handguard, charging handle, and fore grip are Russian Zenitco. The handguard is made especially for the PKM and I have included some pics of its use in Ukraine. Coming up is the final disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and final test fire, then on to Cerakote. Yes, I know the PKO is on backwards.
    DSCN6627.JPG

DSCN6628.JPG

DSCN6629.JPG

DSCN6630.JPG

DSCN6631.JPG

DSCN6632.JPG
    DSCN6633.JPG

DSCN6634.JPG

DSCN6635.JPG

DSCN6636.JPG

This updated PKM has the new designation of PKN
    pkn.jpg

pkp-pecheneg-infantry-machine-gun-russia.jpg
    PKM-768x432.jpg

ed30a75bce82bff5ef40d9d4d55b9b06.jpg

ATNg1NgnI-Y-920x614.jpg

Last edited:
    I've decided upon Soviet KLMK Berezka pattern camo Cerakote. Probably best known from Red Dawn. I actually have one of the suits used in the movie.

R.71f62dd9deac0f9f52d44040456d44fc

OIP.CBY-EUrcbiS8lhiuzTzahgHaEB
    blob

R.1f1740d0d1a3afb3975f394b710dc045

The real suit.
    il_1588xN.2719125862_946v.jpg

s7qm7we504p51.png

And, an interesting side note:

Back in the days of the Soviet Union, Western-made goods were scarce; they weren’t officially banned, but obtaining them was nigh impossible. Attempts to make alternatives in local factories proved less than desirable, as the quality just wasn’t up to scratch, and attracting international companies behind the Iron Curtain was difficult, to say the least.
    An unlikely helping hand came in the form of the widespread boycott of the 1980 Moscow Olympics: because a majority of adidas’ preferred sponsor countries were no longer participating in the games, they had to turn to the Soviet team in order to still capitalize on one of the biggest sponsorship opportunities in the sporting world.

There were several catches to the deal, however, as detailed by Highsnobiety:
    The Kremlin’s demands were weighty and numerous. First, adidas had to nullify its iconic Three Stripes branding and produce clothes without logos so that a West German capitalist producer would not be shown in any photos or videos of triumphant Soviet athletes. At the time, a Russian phrase captured this East versus West sentiment, roughly translating to “The one who wears adidas will sell the Motherland tomorrow.” Second, any adidas shoes with the Three Stripes had to be modified so the stripes formed an “M”, apparently to celebrate the host city of Moscow.
    Last but not least, as part of its “Official Supplier” contract guaranteeing “exclusive supply rights” in a competitive industry, adidas had to produce goods supplied to the games on Russian soil. Whereas Coca-Cola (another “Official Supplier”) could build a bottling plant and secure all of its trade secrets by leaving no flavor concentrate behind after the Games, adidas would have to leave the bulk of its shoe production facilities behind after the Closing Ceremony. Jackpot.
    The Soviet government then cheekily utilised all the leftover equipment and resources to create the MOCKBA: a Three-Stripe sporting shoe somewhere between a Gazelle and a Campus. The story doesn’t end there, however, as the shoe, somewhat bizarrely, finds its way onto the feet of the Spetsnaz, the Soviet Special Forces.

Yes, I have a pair, and wear them every October 17th.
    s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
    There is a welding joke in there… but I will refrain!

Sirhr
    You'll note that the one is missing its extension. It broke when it got caught in my shirt. 4th time in 3 months, I keep 3 extra extensions on hand at all times. And, speaking of welding...I find this sign apropos.

OIP.or9c1q4zTWvM3ca_skEN7AAAAA

Graphite Black. Next, more stencils which will give a black border to the first stencils in white. Then, a topcoat of Highland Green mixed with Graphite Black to give a matte flat green. Finally, Matte Clear Cerakote.

DSCN6719.JPG

Graphite Black mixed with Highland Green

DSCN6720.JPG

Reactions: camocorvette