• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Place a value on my rifle

Bloody_Tailgate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
I have a 300WM Sendero SF2 that I am considering selling to fund another project. With the modifications, I'm not sure what a fair price would be for it. Please do your best to give me an idea of what a fair price would be to both seller and buyer.

300WM Sendero (Barreled action Cerakoted Armor Black) BA is in excellent condition but there are a few small scratches in the Cerakote, I could refinish if need be.

Barrel has been threaded 5/8"-24 and has a Shrewd Muzzle Brake installed which has also been Cerakoted Armor Black. The brake has 3 rows of ports on the sides (their Varminter brake) so shooting prone is no problem, and it serves well as an effective brake.

Timney Trigger

Altered Surgeon Bolt Knob installed by me (I threaded the handle and used Marine Tex to secure the knob. The knob "neck" was shortened so I didn't have to remove so much of the bolt handle in order to keep the handle/knob as short as possible.)

McMillan ADJ HTG (with Thumbwheel adjustable cheek piece) stock Cerakoted by me in Coyote Tan with Patriot Brown speckle. The stock is in 100% perfect condition. I also bedded the stock with Marine Tex, it doesn't look like Dixon's bedding jobs, but it looks good and functions great. I also added 2 Grovtec flush cups to the left side, 1 on forend, 1 on the buttstock, I use them with my TAB Biathlon sling and they are positioned properly for this. There are also 2 sling studs, 1 front and 1 back.

The rifle has about 400-450 rounds through it and it shoots the 210 VLDs very well with H1000.

Price to be determined with no scope, base, or rings.

Thanks in advance!

Some pictures (the first 2 pictures show the color much more realistic.)

Attachments

• IMAG0229_resized.jpg
    IMAG0229_resized.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0399_resized.jpg
    IMAG0399_resized.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0230_resized.jpg
    IMAG0230_resized.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0498_resized.jpg
    IMAG0498_resized.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
$1400.

$700 for the BA
$500 for the stock
$100 for the brake
$100 for the trigger

I know that you have way more than that into it, but that's about what you can expect.

Oh believe me, I know I'm not going to get what I have into it. That's why I'm asking for a fair value, so I can decide if it's worth selling a great shooting rifle.

No reflection on the quality of your work, which is probably excellent, but it would be worth more if it had been built by a known smith.

OFG

I've "been selling", all my life. Some thing, is only worth what you can get some one to pay for it. LCDR nailed it, in my book. I was thinking 12-1400, but who knows. You could "put it up", for 16-1800, and get it. Ya never know who's out there. Pick a "price", you'd like to get, on the high side, and see what offers come in.

OFG and Josh, I know what you guys are saying. I'm a tinkerer, if there is a way I can do something myself I will do it. I didn't plan on selling this rifle, it's actually one of my favorites, and I'm proud of the work I have done on it. However, I just picked up a 6.5x47L that needs a new stock and scope and I don't have the funds available to get it to the point I'd like it. I don't like selling guns, but if the price is acceptable for the 300 and I can get the 6.5 done up the way I'd like it, I don't think I would miss the 300 at this point.

Like I said before, I'm not looking for the "top dollar" I could sell the rifle for...let's call it the "if you were in the market for a used 300WM with some extras what would you be willing to pay for my rifle" price. And NO this is not an "auction", I'm seriously not even sure I will be offering it up for sale.

Another thing, I'm also not one to haggle. I get disgusted when someone lists an item for $2000 just to lower it $100 a day until someone bites. I'd rather list my item for a price that is fair, than rake someone over the coals.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Last edited:
I just picked up a 300wm on trued action, k&p barrel, sako extractor, ops inc brake, McMillan a-2 stock and badger rail for $1200 shipped.

After reading just your original post and looking at the pics, I would say $1200 to $1400. If you gave more details concerning how well the rifle shoots and pics of groups to back it up, it would affect the the price +/- depending on what was shown, in my opinion (which isn't worth shit). Congrats on a fine looking rifle that I'd be proud to own, hope it works out that you can get the 6.5x47L completed and keep the 300wm as well.
peak98

First of all, if it's truly a great shooting rifle I wouldn't sell it. You can take two approaches to marketing it. A little high and wait and see has already been mentioned. If you really want to sell something do the opposite. You would want to sell at a price that's low enough to motivate a buyer with even a casual interest which will significantly widen your market. I think JGB's $1400. is a reasonable price. Around $1700. would be "all the money" and you will need a buyer who wants exactly what you have and shouldn't be allowed out of the house by himself. Remember, the next owner is about halfway to buying a new barrel at about $650. I think the real money is $950.00. A new Rem 5R or Sendero is right at $1100.

Last edited:
That was a steal!

Shhhhh!

Well the bolt handle broke off a week after I got it while I was checking bullet seating depth. I don't think the seller knew about it as they took it on a trade. The solder appeared to have been broken on one side of the bolt for a while. It had some corrosion between the handle and bolt. We will see on the value once I get some shooting done. Hopefully the barrel isn't shot out.

Ryan