• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Place to shoot near CCTX or SATX

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hey all,

Was wondering if there's a place within a few hours of either Corpus or San Antonio where I can stretch out to 1000 yards. It's been forever since I last went out shooting and my birthday is coming up so wanting to get out there. I no longer have a deer lease where I can shoot so trying to see if there's a range somewhere or if someone would like to invite a fellow member out to a ranch.
    Thanks,

Serg

Hey all,

Was wondering if there's a place within a few hours of either Corpus or San Antonio where I can stretch out to 1000 yards. It's been forever since I last went out shooting and my birthday is coming up so wanting to get out there. I no longer have a deer lease where I can shoot so trying to see if there's a range somewhere or if someone would like to invite a fellow member out to a ranch.
    Thanks,

Serg
    I don't know about long ranges down there. I know a long range place in north Texas in Kaufman County (east and a bit south of Dallas for those playing the home game.)

However, I do know a good outfitter down there. Mayfield Ranch. A colleague of mine has been there a few times. One time, he got an Aoudad Sheep with his .300 Win Mag and Leupold optic. It is a trophy in his office. Here it is, on the left. And there are other trophies, including two whitetail bucks sitting on his couch that he has not found room for, yet.

1693703948890.jpeg

I don't know about long ranges down there. I know a long range place in north Texas in Kaufman County (east and a bit south of Dallas for those playing the home game.)

However, I do know a good outfitter down there. Mayfield Ranch. A colleague of mine has been there a few times. One time, he got an Aoudad Sheep with his .300 Win Mag and Leupold optic. It is a trophy in his office. Here it is, on the left. And there are other trophies, including two whitetail bucks sitting on his couch that he has not found room for, yet.

View attachment 8218505
    There's a ton of huge high fence ranches down here. You just have to buy really expensive hunts to get in there.

I'm sure an owner would probably have fun shooting long range if I lent him one of my rifles for letting me shoot there. I have a ton of steel too in all shapes and sizes. I just don't know anyone lol. Heck, I'd be willing to to go every weekend and be a ranch hand if I could shoot.

The CTSA range outside of New Braunfels goes out to 500 meters and is a private range. That was the longest distance that I knew of when I was in San Antonio (Left in 2011). When I was on the board for STMTC (what the San Antonio Rifle and Pistol Club rolled into) there was a range south of San Antonio that was being looked at for longer range development (not Blackhawk) but I don’t know if anything came of that.

That said, there are a couple in the Houston area that do and those are Bayou Rifles and The Ranch near Eagle Lake. The Ranch is like a resort.

Good luck in your search. I hope you’re able to find something close.

The CTSA range outside of New Braunfels goes out to 500 meters and is a private range. That was the longest distance that I knew of when I was in San Antonio (Left in 2011). When I was on the board for STMTC (what the San Antonio Rifle and Pistol Club rolled into) there was a range south of San Antonio that was being looked at for longer range development (not Blackhawk) but I don’t know if anything came of that.

That said, there are a couple in the Houston area that do and those are Bayou Rifles and The Ranch near Eagle Lake. The Ranch is like a resort.

Good luck in your search. I hope you’re able to find something close.

I'll have to look into that some more and see whats in the area...

There was one in the Houston area which you have to apply to and hopefully they call you. Should be one of the two you mention. I applied a few years back and never heard from anyone. I hear it's super exclusive.

Just sucks having a shit load of money tied into a hobby and passion that I can't practice. 😮‍💨

I can't believe no one has mentioned Rifles Only... They have a lot of ranges, but the facilities are only open for competitions & classes. Next match is $50 on Oct 29.