• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Places to shoot 1000yds in Washington state

semperfi354

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
USA
myspace.com
Looking for somewhere to shoot in western washington up to or past 1000 yards. A buddy told me you could go out into Olympic natl forrest and find some spots but it is a ways away and I dont want to risk a 3 hour drive and come away empty handed.

Re: Places to shoot 1000yds in Washington state

Bring an F-Class legal rig and come out to Rattlesnake (just north of Richland) - the only 1000yd KD range (accessible to civilians) in the state. Anything else, you're looking at shooting out in the bush (not necessarily a bad thing).

The website for the range is www.tcsa.info. I'm not a member, but I shoot there (matches) a handful of times each year (as time and money allow) as they are just a tick past two hours from my house.

Monte

Re: Places to shoot 1000yds in Washington state

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=960995&gonew=1#UNREAD

I hope to meet these fellows from SHWW (snipers hide Western Washington) some time and join them for a weekend of shooting. Currently, however, it appears my job locally of 25+ years in north central WA will disappear July 1st, so a trip to the west side is way down on the priority list. Subscribe to the post above,(or look in the member link up forum for SHWW) and make arrangements to meet them for a weekend of shooting.