• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Places to shoot in Fayetteville?

11AABN

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
I was only in Fayetteville less than a month before I deployed so I didnt haven much time to look around. What are the good ranges in the area and what is the longest distance available?

Re: Places to shoot in Fayetteville?

Thank a lot for the link, I understand about trying to join up. I was working with some recruiters right after I comissioned and active duty had already met its recruiting goal as on March 2009.

Depends on what kind of shooting you want to do. McKellars Lodge is on post all the way down Gruber Rd, but the rules there SUCK. I used to shoot there, but don't now. For pistol ranges, you can go to Jim's on Yadkin or Guns Plus in Spring Lake. I prefer Guns Plus because its less crowded on weeknights and facility itself is a bit nicer.

For outdoors shooting, there's a new place called Range 37 up 210 north of Spring Lake. You can google them and check out their website. The Crosse Creek Range is supposed to be pretty good. It's on the other side of town from me so I haven't been there. Ask McCrazy, I think he shoots there.

If you're interested in doing some IDPA, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the lowdown.

I'm a member of Creekside Firing Range, its pretty good, but alot of people go there on weekends now. So the rangemaster is pretty strict, thats good cause there occasionally are the once a year hunters. The membership fee is about 200 / years, or 25 per day.

I would be interested in other places to shoot in the central Georgia area. Anybody know of any?

Tomcat

Cross Creek is an excellent range with a focus on safety without tyrant RO respect my Authority egos. 3 gun put on by a excellent competitior, sniper shoots ( I drove 80 miles to compete)

DPRC in Mebane has excellnt facilities and has open 3 gun matches www.dprc.org

Ramseur NC www.rwva.org has appleseeds and local range shoots out to 500 yd

Just off Interstate 95, the TigerSwan's Sportsman's Range!

If you are there during a class you can watch from a distance and think about coming out for one.

The Sportsman's Range offers 25 pistol and rifle firing points with overhead cover, benches and portable-targets stands which can be placed from three to 100 meters. Shooters must present a photo identification to sign up for range use.

The Sportsman’s Range also offers an archery range in order to hone your archery skills.

Shooters can rent firearms and purchase ammunition, targets and accessories at the Pro Shop on site. Accepted payments are cash, credit, debit, or check.

And its better than the range on Bragg!

TigerSwan's Sportsman Range!

IMG_1444.jpg