• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Places to shoot in Western NY

Re: Places to shoot in Western NY

South of rochester. I have been shooting at a few places one on PIKE that I can get around 750yds but its a 2 hour drive. My father in law has land as well but it is an hour and a half away. I want to shoot to 1000 yds but I just cant find a place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ICANHITHIMMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">South of rochester. I have been shooting at a few places one on PIKE that I can get around 750yds but its a 2 hour drive. My father in law has land as well but it is an hour and a half away. I want to shoot to 1000 yds but I just cant find a place. </div></div>

Rochester Brooks is 30 minutes south of Rochester, but limited to 200yds, there is a club in Springwater NY 45-60 minutes south of Rochester with 200yrds, but club members have an informal group that meets on someones property to get to the 500-800 yards. That might be a good place to start, plus the dues are under $50 a year. Springwater Rod & Gun , they have a web site, all one word, no spaces between words .com Good Luck

Are there any type of lone range practical/tactical shoots in NY?

think shooting has been canceled pending all manor of legal dooshbaggery. make like a hobbit and disappear wit yer bad self

Curt at Long Gun Training might be able to give you some info on ranges.
He teaches Long Range classes in western Nazi York and might be able to let you know if any public ranges go to 1000yds or if the ranges he uses are available to the public.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ICANHITHIMMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">South of rochester. I have been shooting at a few places one on PIKE that I can get around 750yds but its a 2 hour drive. My father in law has land as well but it is an hour and a half away. I want to shoot to 1000 yds but I just cant find a place. </div></div>

Rochester Brooks is 30 minutes south of Rochester, but limited to 200yds, there is a club in Springwater NY 45-60 minutes south of Rochester with 200yrds, but club members have an informal group that meets on someones property to get to the 500-800 yards. That might be a good place to start, plus the dues are under $50 a year. Springwater Rod & Gun , they have a web site, all one word, no spaces between words .com Good Luck

Canestota conservation club 600 yard beatty range

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Its a beautiful 600 yard range. Brand new benches and prone pad. http://www.canastotaclub.com/index.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk