• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Places to shoot near Austin

joshudavid

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Portland, OR
So I'm moving to Austin for 3-6 months this Sunday and I'm wondering if anyone on here has suggestions for good places to shoot out there.

Re: Places to shoot near Austin

are you shooting rimfire?

my mom lives just outside of Austin (spicewood), and i havent been able the find a decent range in the few times ive looked while visiting. I just started shooting pistols in her creek bed....if you find something, let me know
grin.gif

Ya probably just .22. I'll have my hunting rifle with me too, but since I'm not a millionaire, I may not get a chance to shoot it.

Only problem with a real range is that I'd have to get a one year membership for the few months I'm there.

Eagles peak is a $10 one time registration fee and then $10 per visit. Outdoor, shoot as long as you want. They are on the north east side of austin. I live in San Marcos and drive to Dietz range in New Braunfels off highway 46. $10 per visit or $80 per year. They are nice people there, they might be willing to give you a 6 month membership for $40 bucks. Their number is 830-885-4662. If you live in south austin it would probably be about an hour drive. Eagles peak is probably the closest option.