• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Placing an order need advice

Cleanmiss

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2010
sacramento
I'm going to order some bullets and powder today and wanted your advice before I waste too much money. Just starting out loading for my 308 ctr, I already have 175gr RDFs loaded with 43.0 4064 that so far seem to shoot well. I'd like to try 185 jugs, 178 eldm and some scenars all with some 2000mr. Do you guys recommend getting just a box of each and maybe just a lb at a time of trial powders?

I don't like paying 25 dollars hazmat for 1lb of powder. What are you attempting to gain? I would suggest getting more of what you know works and rock on. Unless you just like load development, in which case, order a pound of everything and box of everything and have at it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Get the bullets, load with 4064 and see what they do

4064 is my go-to in the 308. I’ve also tried varget but went back to 4064. More consistency across the board in terms of accuracy in my guns

Reactions: Simonsza1
Awesome. I have half a can of 4064 left and a box of 155 smk Palmas to try. The 175 rdf did really well in the at 587yds with 26mph wind so I'm tempted to stick with those but I'm too much of a tinkerer and chaser of what's "better" to stay put.