• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors plan B + Cherry bomb

fifdynutz

Pasture Poodle
Minuteman
May 5, 2020
Iowa
Hey guys, i currently have a DA nomad 30 in jail and i am now researching muzzle devices. The can will be used on my 6.5 precision rifle, a few ARs (hunting setups) and one AR pistol.

What muzzle devices would you recommend? im currently leaning towards the Q plan B with cherry bombs on the ARs, and their Bottle Rocket on the RPR...anyone have experience going this route? looking for a reliable mount that will keep cost down in case later on i get more cans for the other guns and need to adapt them to a different mounting platform

Thanks in advance

looking to avoid the added length and cost of the keymo on the nomad

I was in a similar situation. My wife got a SiCo Omega that she wanted to use on her bolt gun and the ar15's.

We ended up with cherry bombs and Plan B mount. It seemed like the simplest, most elegant solution. It added the least amount of weight (which wasn't really a concern), and was much cheaper then other alternatives, like running an Area 419 setup. One big criteria was simplicity and reliability - I knew that if my wife launched a can just once, she would lose all confidence in the system. That ruled out pretty much all QD systems, they rely to some degree on correct operation/installation. Threads are damn near idiot proof.

The bolt gun was never going to be shot without the suppressor, so using a muzzle device like the cherry bomb was a non-issue. Didn't want to put expensive muzzle brakes on the ar15's (Area 419), and wasn't going to always shoot those suppressed, so cherry bombs seemed like a half decent choice.

Don't have a lot of rounds down with this system yet. So far I'm happy. I ended up having to put blue loctite on the Plan B mount, the first time out I was having a hard time taking the suppressor off the rifle without accidentally loosening the Plan B mount. Other then that, it seems to work as advertised. While Kevin B comes across as an arrogant asshat, he does incorporate some clever design elements into his products. Putting the taper before the threads works. I dislike shims, and most QD systems seem to solve nothing while introducing more potential problems. As an engineer myself, I value simplicity, and this system seems to be the most simple and elegant for my purpose.

Excellent response, thank you! I'm honestly between this setup and 419..the 419 would be nice on my bolt gun unsuppressed but will I really shoot it unsuppressed again? Lol

Excellent response, thank you! I'm honestly between this setup and 419..the 419 would be nice on my bolt gun unsuppressed but will I really shoot it unsuppressed again? Lol

Wanting the ability to shoot the rifle without the suppressor is a consideration that may change the best product for your application.

The cherry bomb is not an ideal bolt gun muzzle device. It doesn't effectively mitigate recoil, it doesn't function like a properly designed muzzle brake. I think shooting a bolt gun with a cherry bomb would annoy me, especially knowing that there is a plethora of more optimized muzzle devices for bolt guns.

The Q system utilizes compensators, obviously more geared towards ar15 style systems, the Area 419 muzzle brakes, geared toward precision rifles. Neither are optimized for use across multiple platforms, if you want to shoot unsuppressed. I personally didn't have any interest in spending hundreds of dollars for the adapters and muzzle brakes for the ar15's, so spending ~$70 each on the compensators was more palatable option, especially since the rifle was never going to be shot without the suppressor.

I'm not sure what your priorities are, what you plan on shooting both suppressed and unsuppressed, and what your preferences are on muzzle devices. You'll have to consider the pro's and con's of having either all compensators or all muzzle brakes across your platforms, or going to a different QD system (like Keymo), where you have more diversity in your muzzle device options.

If you plan on shooting the bolt gun 100% suppressed, or if having a compensator on your bolt gun is not that big of a deal to you, then the Plan B system is a simple and elegant system that I'm sure you would be happy with.

I'm thinking that's the situation where I could run the bottle rocket on my rpr when unsuppressed and cherry bombs on all the gas guns

I use the area 419 adapter on my omega across multiple hunting rifles. I don’t use their brake just the rifle and omega adapters, no complaints.