• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plan to make/remake a stock

Spuhr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2009
Sweden
www.spuhr.com
I plan a new build (surgeon action, 6,5x55 AI,not to heavy) and there is no stock (to my knowledge) that is what I want for this build.
There is sure many good stocks on the market, but in this case I have yet not Found what I want.

This is not a plan for a new Spuhr product, this is just me playing and if some stockmanufacturer wanna commersialize those ideas please do it!

Here is the idea-list with comments on why.

1. Civilian look, no separate pistolgrip, or chassisystem.

2. LOP must be quickly ONE hand adjustable.
I prefer 1"-1,25" longer stock in prone than other positions and I shoot better/faster in all position if the LOP fits to position AND clothing.

3. Folder, preferably folding to right over bolthandle.
I have two folders today and the "cut" length means a lot for transportation.

4. Attachment for bipod should be in front of forend and NOT under it. That way the rifle will be considerable nicer to handle when bipod is attached.

5. Possibility for Clip-on NV.
Preferably in a way so it easaly can be dismounted!
This last is not very important but i will try.

6. Comb height AND buttplate height should be approx at the level of The upper parts Of the bolt, so approx 7/8"-1" over mostly other stocks

I will later publish photos and films showing how i do it. I have not decided if I make The stock from scratch or try to remake an existing stock.

The subject is very open for discussions if someone wanna chime in with more ideas or questioning the whole shit :)

Last edited:
you know people are going to ask you to make it......get ready for it because everything you make is pretty amazing.

The only thing I would say, based on what you have posted is:

There is nothing wrong with a chassis system. It requires less work, has no negative impact on accuracy and is flexible. So unless there is a translation difference, how it attaches (chassis-like) should not be an issue. Just make sure you can accommodate larger recoil lugs as that is the biggest down-side to a chassis. Many on the market don't fit all of the lugs available especially when a custom rifle is used.

LOP should be adjusted, but like you noted quickly if it;s gonna be relevant in the field. You need to have markings for adjustments so don't forget those.

Yes, fully agree!! I love chassisystems and have a few.
But it gives a Military look that not is appreiciated everywhere and therefor i want the features in a civilian looking gun.

Also mostly chassisystem are a tad heavyer , and somewhat bigger and i would like to avoid that. (Maybe not possible)

I think you're going to have to make it Hakan. You might try picking up something from Manners and modifying it with the mechanisms you need. For the LOP you can look at a system like ours with a rotating cam lock or maybe something like the ACR folding stock with pinch clamps, but just do a single side. Good luck and put up pics,
Justin

P.S. Come see us at SHOT, we're gonna have some interesting stuff