• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Planning to purchase a Masterpiece arms PMR pro,,,,2 questions

jtp79

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2022
Sparta, Tennessee
I am looking at the Masterpiece arms PRS PRO and the PRO II. The main difference is the pro 1 has a muzzle break and a triggertech special trigger. The PRO II is the same action, barrel and chassis but does not have the muzzle break but has a triggertech diamond trigger. Both are the same price. Which would you buy and why?

Also plan on doing mostly bench shooting to 1000 yards but would like the ability to go a little farther at times.

What would be the best cartridge for this type of shooting? Im leaning toward the 6.5 creedmor or 6.5 prc. Please give me your suggestions, if not one of those two, which cartridge would you choose?

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
PRO 2 easily. better trigger and you can pick your brake

6.5CM would be my pick between the two. if mainly 1k and in but occasionally further the Creed will be better on the wallet and barrel especially if shooting factory ammo

if you reload i'd go 6 Dasher though. it's just the easy button

i'd rather build on origin with a proof prefit honestly instead of messing with a curtis

PRO 2 easily. better trigger and you can pick your brake

6.5CM would be my pick between the two. if mainly 1k and in but occasionally further the Creed will be better on the wallet and barrel especially if shooting factory ammo

if you reload i'd go 6 Dasher though. it's just the easy button

i'd rather build on origin with a proof prefit honestly instead of messing with a curtis
I do reload or have started for my 300 blackout and the 308 bergara that I have.

How does the 6 dasher differ from the 6 creed? or is it the same thing? How does it do to say 1200?

dasher is slower. easier to load for. and more consistent throughout the (longer) life of the barrel

does fine to 1,200y but like any cartridge...it's still 1,200 yards so it depends a lot on the shooter too

Reactions: moosemeat
I am looking at the Masterpiece arms PRS PRO and the PRO II. The main difference is the pro 1 has a muzzle break and a triggertech special trigger. The PRO II is the same action, barrel and chassis but does not have the muzzle break but has a triggertech diamond trigger. Both are the same price. Which would you buy and why?

Also plan on doing mostly bench shooting to 1000 yards but would like the ability to go a little farther at times.

What would be the best cartridge for this type of shooting? Im leaning toward the 6.5 creedmor or 6.5 prc. Please give me your suggestions, if not one of those two, which cartridge would you choose?
I'm looking at the same rifle. 6.5 PRC is the most powerful cartridge it is offered in and 6 Dasher is the least powerful cartridges it is offered in. Why were you looking at 6.5 PRC? 6 Dasher is known for accuracy but some people have issues with it feeding correctly. 6mm Dasher brass can be hard to find, make sure you can get some. If you want the option to use factory ammo you should also consider 6mm Creedmoor and 6 GT. 6mm GT ammo is rarer but it is available.

Last edited:
My buddy bought a MPA Pro2 in 6BR last year. We just returned from a weekend long range practice session. 6BR is essentially a reload only caliber but it is great option for low recoil, long brass life, long barrel life, outstanding accuracy, decent performance to 1200 yards. I shoot 6BR but also moved to 6 Dasher this year. I would save 65 PRC for hunting. 65 Creedmoor is certainly the easy button for factory ammo but I would look hard at 6BR IF you reload.

My buddy bought a MPA Pro2 in 6BR last year. We just returned from a weekend long range practice session. 6BR is essentially a reload only caliber but it is great option for low recoil, long brass life, long barrel life, outstanding accuracy, decent performance to 1200 yards. I shoot 6BR but also moved to 6 Dasher this year. I would save 65 PRC for hunting. 65 Creedmoor is certainly the easy button for factory ammo but I would look hard at 6BR IF you reload.
I do reload. I’ve been pushed and pushed to go 6.5 creedmore. I just hate to go that route for some reason. I haven’t made the purchase yet but I’m really considering the 6br or the 6 gt.

Does your buddy have any complaints with the rifle?

If shooting from the bench at targets is your goal, forget the PRC. Go with the 6.5 CM but do consider one of the 6’s as well. Never, know, you may want to further your game and the 6’s will do a better job of getting you there. That said, I have two 6.5’s but have a 6GT barrel on order for my MPA.

You can spend a lot more money than the MPA, but the difference is very hard to measure.

I do reload. I’ve been pushed and pushed to go 6.5 creedmore. I just hate to go that route for some reason. I haven’t made the purchase yet but I’m really considering the 6br or the 6 gt.

Does your buddy have any complaints with the rifle?
No regrets on his MPA Pro2 or the 6BR choice. MPA sells the prefits to fit that barreled action at a reasonable price - you can easily swap the barrel yourself when you consume your first barrel or if you want to try something different - the barrels are listed on their site.

No regrets on his MPA Pro2 or the 6BR choice. MPA sells the prefits to fit that barreled action at a reasonable price - you can easily swap the barrel yourself when you consume your first barrel or if you want to try something different - the barrels are listed on their site.
What he said, as I said, my 6GT barrel is on order from MPA

Between my little Weatherby Vanguard and the MPA, I have to say these are my two favorite rifles, not just now, but for all the many rifles Brenda and I currently own but all we have owned though our 70+ years we have been blessed to be on this Earth

87EDCEBE-4BE2-4802-BBDC-04322BFF6CB3.jpeg

Reactions: jtp79
I do reload or have started for my 300 blackout and the 308 bergara that I have.

How does the 6 dasher differ from the 6 creed? or is it the same thing? How does it do to say 1200?

Just to clarify they are talking about doing load development.