• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plant to charge those batteries.....

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
CHEYENNE, Wyo. -- A small city in the top U.S. coal-mining state of Wyoming will be home to a Bill Gates-backed experimental nuclear power project near a coal-fired power plant that will soon close, officials announced Tuesday.

Bellevue, Washington-based TerraPower will build its Natrium plant in Kemmerer, a southwestern Wyoming city of 2,600 where the coal-fired Naughton power plant operated by PacifiCorp subsidiary Rocky Mountain Power is set to close in 2025.

So, 'nuclear power' is bad, dangerous, devastating to the environment and bad for mankind (after all, candles and kerosene lamps are all you need) but a reactor backed by and promoted with Bill Gates is the be-all/end-all super answer to the world's problems?

I'm not knocking nuclear power generation at all. Actually, I'm all for it. But the 'them'..... I shake my head at 'them'.

Especially THAT one.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Another .gov honeypot for gates? Fuck him

Using names like "Natrium" and "TerraPower" seeks to make people think it's Mother Nature's best friend, but it's still just another uranium fueled nuclear reactor, very simply speaking using sodium in the process to improve efficiency and safety. Honestly, I love it the premise of more nuclear power in the US, especially in my home state where we're not only the coal capitol of the country, but we also have major uranium deposits. Just don't piss on folks' legs and make believe it's organic or some shit. Oh, yeah, that's their playbook...

Coal is still king here, and will be for quite some time, and this nuke plant is only 75% the production of Naughton's coal fired plant, what a laugh.