• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plate Carrier

PIGtooth

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2009
Tennessee or The Middle East
I suddenly find myself able to pick out ALL of my own gear and would like some input on a plate carrier. Soft armor isnt necessary and it doesnt need to be concealed. something light and most of all comfortable. price isnt an issue. 3,2,1, GO

Re: Plate Carrier

Eagle or Crye Precision....or check out Tactical Applications Groups Kopflager plate carrier

Roll of Duct tape
grin.gif
Thats all you need to attach the plates to your back lol.

Para clete has a really nice one with side protection as well. I would rock soft as well if money is no issue. I would perfer the extra protection. ATS has them as well as Grey Group. Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Diamondback Tactical Plate carrier and love it. Their customer service is great and that is always a plus. </div></div>

I also like my diamondback tactical plate carrier.

Hey man, Im running an Eagle Plate Carrier got it from triadtactical.com

Works well and was relatively cheap. Used it at Sniper Leaders Course and it definitely got the job done.

Yeah im looking for something i can wear everyday for the next couple years. I've been unfortunate enough lately to enjoy the cumbersome "hesco barrier" or the MTV. i want something lightweight and very comfortable. That diamondback does look promising, cant find a dealer on the paraclete or macrame. not even sure what the macrame is.. and i do like the eagle's products, never let me down in the past. thanks for all the input any other personal experiences involving any problems or success stories would be appreciated. thanks fellas

Do you need a releasable one because if so that would narrow you search alot quicker. Also look at London Bridge Trading Company, Mayflower, Grey Group Training, Tactical Assault Gear, High Speed Gear Inc, Vel-Tye, SKD Tactical, and Tactical Aplactions Group. If you look at GEARSOC.com A lot of guys post up their kits on it for ideas etc..

macrame is the ancient art of knot tying. like knitting but for men...well at least sailors.

I was at the Shot Show this weekend on the same mission, to figure out which plate carrier to go with. I tried on a few and narrowed it down to Eagle and Diamonback. I have to say that I am leaning towards the Diamondback, although I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Good luck. Let us know what you end up with.

I'm going backwards... previously was able to use my Eagle Plate Carrier with CB, now we just got a DHS grant and got new US Armor stuff... like the Eagle better, less cumbersome. (Also big fan of Diamondback tactical gear, but never used their plate carrier...) either way you should be good with those two manufacturers! (just my .02cents)

Im a HUGE fan of Eagle gear. I have the CIRUS Land version. Been wearing it fully loaded (tad under 50lbs) almost every day for the last 2.5yrs. Havent had a single problem with it. It doesnt "sag" like those other versions, holds secure and has plenty of usable molle area. Ya also cant go wrong with their warrantee to. My .15cents.

Not to hijack but I am doing the same thing... I have it down to two Eagle Products.
1. Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cumberbun
2. Eagle Rhodesian Recon Vest (add the Rhodesian Recon Rear Plate Carrier later)

Two questions, do either of these suffer from load sag? And would it be better to get the all in one Plate Carrier or smart to get the Rhodesian where I can go w/o the rear carrier when hot out and don't need the rear armor?

Thanks

I'm running a tag plate carrier with soft armor and it's been working really well for me thus far. A lot of people seem to be having issues with their customer service but I didn't have to many problems when I ordered so maybe it's hit and miss. Best of luck too you.

i just got a eagle carrier with cummerbund... im definitely happy with it. still in the process of outfitting it with molle pouches... but...

if looking for this carrier... be prepared to either wait or get one used off of ebay. eagles backlog is june from what i hear and i wasnt able to find a dealer with one in stock in any color besides black.

Paraclete is my choice. Been wearing one for about five years. No complaints from me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kaibil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paraclete is my choice. Been wearing one for about five years. No complaints from me. </div></div>

I also thought about the Paraclete w/Cumb too but it says it can only take hard plates (at least the one I saw).. and I was wanting the versitility to just run soft also.. Thought about the HSGI Wooshatch also..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kaibil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paraclete is my choice. Been wearing one for about five years. No complaints from me. </div></div>

You can also get paraclete light which allows side plates as well and sits tightly and comfortably to the body. Highly recommended.

does anybody make a slick Plate carrier with no Molle/PALS ?
I have level 4 PPI 10x12 operator cut plates . I need the protection but don't need to add any pouches in this setup. thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anybody make a slick Plate carrier with no Molle/PALS ?
I have level 4 PPI 10x12 operator cut plates . I need the protection but don't need to add any pouches in this setup. thanks. </div></div>

I have seen some good reviews of the Beez NIJ Carriers.

Beez Combat Systems

Another one for the Diamonback. I've been running the GEN1 for about a year now with cummberbun and I love it. Diamondback has great customer service and great products.

I run the quick release Tactical Taylor and would highly recommend it. Most comfortable setup I have run and the price isn't bad for a quality piece. The quick release works well and goes back together fairly easy, the weight is good as is the fit. Only draw back for some is they setup it up for plates only. No accommodations for soft armor if you run it or your plates are backup rated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anybody make a slick Plate carrier with no Molle/PALS ?
I have level 4 PPI 10x12 operator cut plates . I need the protection but don't need to add any pouches in this setup. thanks. </div></div>

I have seen some good reviews of the Beez NIJ Carriers.

Beez Combat Systems </div></div>

thanks for the link .That would fit the bil.

I ended up picking up one of these in multicam.. couldn't beat the price on sale. It arrived today and only took 3 days to arrive. High quality construction as far as I can tell right now. Lots of adjustability and easy on/off. It is made for hard plates but I think you can probably run soft armor too if you prefer (but not enough room to run both together.

TAG Plate Carrier

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a Diamondback Tactical Plate carrier and love it. Their customer service is great and that is always a plus. </div></div>

Diamond back gets my vote

I'used SOTECH vest for 1 1/2 years in Iraq as a contractor and it worked great. I preferred a plate carrier over a full vest due to heat. It a lot cooler in the summer. It doesn't provide AS MUCH protection but enough for the job.

Their gear is tough and works.