• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plates.... anyone use Botach plates?

hunter1959

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2020
curious if anyone has used these NIJ certified plates.... they are considerably less expensive than most other choices

That’s because they are not NIJ certified, but “tested” to the standard of NIJ certification (allegedly). All reviews I have seen of them indicate they are better than steel armor, but they are Chinese and uncertified, so definitely less reliable than hescos or RMA. At the low price they are at, they may still be worth it to you as a “better than nothing” option or similar.

quick edit: they are pretty light and multicurve tho for a lvl iv, so they’re going to be fairly comfortable although they are not very well padded.

C3F88404-6510-4AF8-90C1-D9781740CEF5.png

Don’t get botach’ed.

Just stop.

Not only did you want to order from Botach, but you're going to trust China shit plates.

Let's think about this for a second.

You have at least considerd the possibility that at some point, you may need body armor to stop a bullet from fucking killing you. Then, your next thought is, 'hey, lets get the cheapest shit I can find to trust in the instance I may actually get fucking shot'.

Fucking seriously? Get up from your computer chair, go find a mirror, and say that out loud to yourself a few times.

Than go sit in the time out corner for a while.

Do you also buy the absolute cheapest no name condoms just so you can say you used one?

Sure, it held up in a youtube test. But remember, there's this certain theme with China shit; quality control - they don't fucking have it. So that plate held up, what about the next one? What about the one you have on now thinking itll save you only to fucking fail because you literally trusted your entire fucking life to a China made plate to save a little money?

I can't even begin to tell you how retard level moronic that fucking sounds to the point that I shouldn't even type this reply and instead let Darwinism teach you something.

I'm also not saying you need a $1200/plate Hesco. if you want a standalone level 4, here you go: https://www.kotaoutfitters.com/product-page/labor-day-special-hesco-4400-level-iv-stand-alone-plates

You're welcome. Now paypal me money because you're not going to die from wearing a China shit plate, but instead, because of some other dumb shit you did.

Last edited:
Just stop.

Not only did you want to order from Botach, but you're going to trust China shit plates.

You have at least considerd the possibility that at some point, you may need body armor to stop a bullet from fucking killing you. Then, your next thought is, 'hey, lets get the cheapest shit I can find to trust in the instance I may actually get fucking shot'.

Fucking seriously? Get up from your computer chair, go find a mirror, and say that out loud to yourself a few times.

Do you also buy the absolute cheapest no name condoms just so you can say you used one?

Sure, it held up in a youtube test. But remember, there's this certain theme with China shit; quality control - they don't fucking have it. So that plate held up, what about the next one? What about the one you have on now thinking itll save you only to fucking fail because you literally trusted your entire fucking life to a China made plate to save a little money?

I can't even begin to tell you how retard level moronic that fucking sounds to the point that I shouldn't even type this reply and instead let Darwinism teach you something.

I'm also not saying you need a $1200/plate Hesco. if you want a standalone level 4, here you go: https://www.kotaoutfitters.com/product-page/labor-day-special-hesco-4400-level-iv-stand-alone-plates

You're welcome. Now paypal me money because you're not going to die from wearing a China shit plate, but instead, because of some other dumb shit you did.

Jesus, those Hesco plates are a steal.

Just stop.

brilliant response. response of the year. and plates ordered. thanks for saving my life! lol

Regards
DT

Apparently I’m out of the loop about Botach the company. Why all the hate?

I watched a video of them being shot like 20 times with every caliber and no penetrations. Youtube video. I would trust my life to them no problem. These were level 4 and stopped 30-06 ap after being shot by 855 and AK rounds, .308...ect....

Reactions: Cclary60
I watched a video of them being shot like 20 times with every caliber and no penetrations. Youtube video. I would trust my life to them no problem. These were level 4 and stopped 30-06 ap after being shot by 855 and AK rounds, .308...ect....
My thoughts exactly

I am also surprised Botach is still a thing. They are so bad, they spawned a verb: "botaching" or "being botached." Botaching is defined as butt-raping someone while refusing to respond to their emails or while sending them reassuring emails but not shipping them what you sold them. Being Botached is obviously the other party in the butt-raping scenario.

If the search function goes back 5+ years (I didn't check), there were numerous threads back in the day.

I would make my own plates out of leaves and twigs before I ordered anything from Botach. I am actually kinda ashamed that I even felt the need to capitalize the name.

Just get some hescos and or similar. You would be better served tying a furnace door to your chest Marty Mcfly style than to trust botach plates.

edit: I don't think I'll be doing any testing like that with my good plates though.
@ Hydell
You dont have to test good plates as they have been tested for you

I've shopped Botach before, without issue. They are not my go to source.
Some of their armor is "tested" to NIJ levels, some of it is certified as NIJ compliant.
I bought a GDI ACOG mount from them on clearance, cost less than 40 bucks.
It's an awesome mount.