• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

please delete my profile

The “cool guys” run eotech’s, with magnifiers sometimes, on railed dust covers. Don’t know if Texas weapons systems or zenitco railed dust covers will fit zastava rifles. I think an acog would be really disappointing on an ak and I haven’t seen it done. The eotech and magnifier combo works good for the guys I’ve seen.

Do you have a mounting solution that will accomodate an ACOG's short eye relief and height over the rail?
There's really only one ACOG (TA45) that has a reasonable eye relief (at 3.6").

I don't like running AK optics off of dust covers. It probably works well for some guys, but I don't see it working for me. My rifles get bounced around a lot.
Zastava hooked me up with their ACOG mount and an offset RMR. Looks good. Solid.
They say the 3x TA-50 was made specifically for an AK. I was going to pull the trigger on one, but I've never saw one in person and that bugged me a little... I get ya on eye relief, but Trijicon's eye relief numbers are alway way underestimated in their published material. I saw a TA44 on one and it got me thinking that I should review all options.
Fair enough, you seem to be set on an acog, wish I could be of help with that. For what it’s worth, the tws and zenitco dust covers are hinged and rock solid, and the guys using them are banging them around far more than you or I ever would (actual combat situations) and the optics and lasers they have mounted haven’t lost zero.