• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PLEASE HELP! Brand New 100mm Flir Rifle Scope Suddenly Lost A 3rd Of AR Coating!!

NinjasHide

December 15th 1791 = 2A
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Mojave Dessert California
I bought a Zeus Pro 640 (100mm lens) less than a year ago from OpticsPlanet.com. Spent over $4k for it. Registered it for warranty through FLIR days later.

Since buying it I've only tested it once and then a week ago tested it again and noticed the lens looked cracked! Turns out the AR coating was peeling these gold colored flakes! About a 3rd of the lens is now missing its coating exposing the silvery germanium surface.

Opticsplanet won't do anything past 30 days they told me. Flir told me to contact opticsplanet and if I had any trouble to contact them again.
I never touched the lens or cleaned it. I dont know how on earth this could happen spontaneously and im furious! I haven't even used the damn thing and the stupid thermal is contingent on that AR coating?
How can something so delicate be so easily destroyed paying almost 5 grand for it. Hell the MSRP was almost $10k originally.

I tested the thermal and it still detects at over 100 yards but I don't know how significant the AR coating is.

Can this be repaired?

Does Flir repair Armasight Zeus Pro scopes bought in 2022?

What is my warranty registration worth with Flir?

How do I get a RMA?

How much does it cost and will they repair the lens AR coating?

PLEASE HELP ANYONE WITH AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE!

IM FREAKING OUT!

Here i am building my first AR15 and my thermal is already compromised.

-Jake in Texas
20221202_215207.png

Is this thread about the same thermal that is the subject of your other, idential thread???

Contact FLIR on Monday and get the return process started. And don’t spam the board with multiple threads on the exact same issue.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Is this thread about the same thermal that is the subject of your other, idential thread???

Contact FLIR on Monday and get the return process started. And don’t spam the board with multiple threads on the exact same issue.
My boy is freaking the fuck out lol