• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please help give some advice on 7mm and 300WM load

Hawk Gunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2007
Mobile, AL
I have an older gentleman at our range wanting to get into reloading his 7mm and 300WM. I only reload .308 and .223 so my knowledge with these is limited. With the powder primer issue right now is there a powder that he can use for both loads?. I looked over the reload depot and saw rl 22 pop up on both loads. He'll be shooting 168 bergers(7mm) and 220SMK's(300).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Re: Please help give some advice on 7mm and 300WM load

I don't have a 7mm, but I use H-Retumbo in my 300 WM. If I ever can't get that any more, I'll be picking up some H-1000 for sure.

7wsm H4831sc

300wsm H4350

why 220's for the 300 and not 210's?

Several in the competition realm are having outstanding results with the 210's and H 4350 in the 300

Seems odd he just starting to want to reload and he's picked some pretty long range pills for both.

RL 22 or RL25. I like the RL25 better, but RL 22 is the prefer powder for 300 Win mag. I have tried Retumbo also, but didn't like it as much.

He does lots of hunting. He came to the range to get better at shooting 300+ yards as he had gone on some fairly expensive hunting trips only to not get close enough to take a comfortable shot. He has also picked up an interest is LONG range shooting now.

He has some bullets from Best of the West loaded with 168 berger and retumbo powder. He also has a 300WM he wants to stretch out as well. With the price and availability of commercial ammo i told him that he could reload cheaper. I just didnt know what powders to point him toward as i dont shoot the bigger calibers.

I appreciate your feed back and I'll pass along the info.

@65grs of rl22 will be just fine and not too tough on the shoulder