• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Please help ID this old PSO-1 scope!

wolfgeorge

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
Greece
Hello everyone, I'm from Greece and English is not my native language so bear with me.

Recently I acquired from Germany a Soviet PSO-1 with the Hammer and Sickle logo.
The scope it self is at an amazing condition even though it was made in 1970, the dials are working, the lenses are crystal clear with no scratches. It also have a battery conversion.
The thing that's troubling me is the fact it doesn't have the IR detector knob and window on it, I'm not saying I need this feature but I'd like to have it!
I also have another PSO-1 scope but that one is a Zenit/BELomo and has the IR detector on it. The color is a very dark grey, it's quite darker that the BELomo PSO-1.

Here are some photo's
5w0jsu_zps4ec8adc6.jpg

]
3objd4_zps4d528e7d.jpg

2rkkwo_zpsd23facf9.jpg

1m3kif_zpscd6f8e0b.jpg

6koj6z_zps852474d6.jpg

The truth is I didn't noticed from the photo's this guy sent that it lack the IR detection feature cause I though all the old PSO-1 scopes had this feature!
Can you please help me find out what I have?

Thank you in advance
George

So no one has an idea?

I'm looking around and asked some guys I know from Russia and they told me it may be a rebuild from the Russian Army in the early 90's to match the newer PSO-1M2.

I'll post later some photos with my other PSO-1 for comparison.

Thank you
George

Ha ha... You're correct! Semi and full auto guns are forbidden in Greece!
Most Greek shooters have semi and full auto guns in Serbia, there everything is allowed, the guns are held in gun clubs and the shooters go there for practice or races. It's a 8 hour drive from Greece to Serbia.

I'm just a gun enthusiast and this scope is purely for collection!
I don't own any RS guns yet.
So indeed this scope is a conversion.. Interesting.
I'm waiting and another Soviet PSO-1 w/IR detector this time that I found pretty cheap!

Thank you for the reply.
George