• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please help ID this rifle

Dantrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
northwest ohio
My grandfather gave this rifle to me a couple years ago, because this was the first rifle I ever fired. My big step from a BB gun.
He kept it at his cabin and I always got to shoot it when I'd visit!

Anyway, I have no idea what make this rifle is or honestly anything about it. My grandpa seem to think it was a fighter pilot survival rifle since it breaks down and could fit in a back pack.

8e97a4f5.jpg

f375956d.jpg

Re: Please help ID this rifle

Its under the rimfire forum, so I'm going to guess .22. Are there any markings whatsoever on it?

It's a Garcia Bronco made in Italy and inmported in the late '60s/early '70s by Firearms International. I do not think they were every actually used by the U.S. military as a survival rifle.

No manufacture markings other than a serial # under the grip and some numbers etched on the end of the buttock other than that no other markings I have noticed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RETE8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a Garcia Bronco made in Italy and inmported in the late '60s/early '70s by Firearms International. I do not think they were every actually used by the U.S. military as a survival rifle.</div></div>

Thank you! Either way it's a cool little rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know what caliber it is?</div></div>

Yes it's a 22 short/long/long rifle.

Ah yes! Firearm inter'l Corp Washington dc stamped on the opposite side of the buttstock.

It was also avaialble as .410.....you could go for a set
grin.gif

I do not have a clue.....you could check completed auctions at gunbroker or sites like that.

That kind of looks like the rifles you could buy from Boy's Life and Popular Mechanics magazine for $19.95 when I was a kid...

I had one of these back in the late 60's. I got it from Western Auto for a few bucks. It worked great until the trigger assy. broke. Couldn't do anything but trash it then as no parts available.

My gramps had one that looked just like that, but it was a 22lr over .410 shotgun.

My cousin ended up with it after he passed, but it was a neat gun. The rear sight was the firing pin selector. Pull it up for the .22lr or push it down for the .410.

Don't know anything other then that.