• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please help me diagnose my load development

Utah Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
SL UT
Trying to ocw test and apparently I'm not understanding what load I should go with. This is a 6.5 Creedmoor Lapua brass 147 grain ELD M and h4350 sorry the picture is sideways
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ca1dca408a24f49d4deb0be951c10193.jpg

Point of aim for the 41 grain is 5 inches under Center of Target. The point of aim for the 42 grains is 5 inches high Center of Target. The 42.6 point of aim is 5 inches to the right of Center Target.

What's wrong with the 41.4 load? I see the groups getting smaller then back larger once you get out the node. I would load up 15-20 more of the 41.4 to verify and see if you can repeat that group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed looks like a node from 41.1 to 42.0. You look for the center of the group and the relation of that point to the point of aim. All 4 of those loads centers appear to be the same spot.

id explore 41.3 , 41.4 , 41.5 , 41.5

load up 10 of each and fire 2 groups of each load. Fire one set small to large then let the gun cool and then shoot large to small. Average the two grouo sizes for each and then pick the smallest value. From there you can play with seating depth if need be.

Thanks for the info guys. Guess I should see the speeds next time.