• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please help me identify this barrel?

sillyrabbit

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2024
Fort Lauderdale
Hi guys, first post here, thanks for having me...

I'm looking at purchasing a custom built Remington 700/H-S Precision. The current owner (gun store) can't tell me much about it, but it appears to have a one piece 26" 300 Win Mag bull barrel, with an integrated brake, but I have never seen one that has this profile, before. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Who made it? Why does it look like this?

That brake is likely just blended into the barrel really well, it'll likely come off with a little effort it it's not on there with threadlocker or Rockset. The barrel looks like it's contoured for an OPS Inc suppressor (a la the M24A3).

Photo courtesy of RW Snyder Gunsmithing:
1705769316773.jpeg

Reactions: USNavy06
Right on, thank you for the insight…

As far as the brake coming off, that’s exactly what I was thinking too. I know what the description on their listing says, but the people at the gun store that are selling it don’t really know what they have, imo. It’s listed as a H-S but it wasn’t actually made by their factory. Someone built it from scratch using one of their stocks and parts - and some of those were heavily customized.

It’s a nice rifle, either way, but the listing isn’t technically correct. That said, whoever originally built it knew exactly what they wanted… then sold it to a gun store, I guess, because it doesn’t look like it has a scratch on it.

I wrote the dealer again and asked for more clarification but I have the feeling they don’t know much, based on what I’ve read on their site and what they said by email.

If I end up with it, I’ll post it in here to get everyone’s read on it. I’m not a sniper or anything; just a deer hunter from PA that changed tree stands, and now has an opportunity for taking much longer shots… and this thing looks like it could reach out much farther than I actually need, so it has my attention.

We can’t use suppressors deer hunting in PA, but it might be nice to get one for the rest of the season, if that barrel is threaded, after all.