• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft please help me with this.. its realy puzzling me

Sam09

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
United Kingdom
Why and when must you re-adjust the turrets on a zeroed scope for: windage? elevation? range? and spindrift, to get an accurate shot on the target?

Re: please help me with this.. its realy puzzling me

all of the above.

Are you kidding with this question?

If not:

The bullet which exits the barrel of the rifle will change its place of impact depending on several factors, range, bullet weight, type, powder charge, wind, tempature.... do you get where i am going with this?

the scope allows you to "move the bullet to where you want it to strike" in a most simplistic way of putting things.

if you take your rifle to the range and "sight it in" at 100 yards, you now have a starting point for most ballistic cards, or with a chronograph, you can make your own.

Here is a good example:
http://www.shooterready.com/

A guy named Captain Kick Ass runs this site. He knows everything and he's really helpful to newcomers, you should direct all questions to him.