• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please help...Price check of sorts...

Groundedclk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2007
Tilton, New Hampshire, USA
At a local gun store this is what I found and want to know if the price is good as well if anyone here owned it. The appoximate age of the rifle.

-Surgeon action
-Large bolt knob
-Fluted bolt
-McMillan A5 stock
-Krieger 1.3" dia fluted barrel
-Jewell trigger
-Woodland camo

I called Surgeon to see could tell me anything, they said it was sent to G.A.P., so I called them and they can not look it up by the serial number only the person it was built for and I obviously dont know that.

Any light you can shed?

Here is a pic of it
12656-1.jpg

Re: Please help...Price check of sorts...

If it has a GAP logo on the barrel and is a 308, odds are it is a kick butt rifle and takes a LOT to shoot out a 308.
Look at the options, compare the price, and soldier on.

Looks like a heavy one.. maybe 14lbs or so.. Looks like about $2500 in parts not to mention any smithing.. Whats the price at the shop?

- Surgeon Action: ~1,000
- Match Barrel : ~300
- A4 Stock: ~800
- Jewell Trigger: ~150
- Barrel Flute: ~150
- Bolt flute: ~150
- Gunsmithing(barrel install,bedding)~400

Total New: ~3500
Total Used: What condition + not having to wait for one to be built. That worth is up to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groundedclk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just over $3k at the store is the price. </div></div>

For that kinda money I'd opt a new build.

I can tell you when it was built, I know who the customer was as there is only one guy who orders them with that big of barrel.

I will Pm you with the Info.

i thought that barrel would be memorable. nice looking rfle, offer $2500